Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

800 efi ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 efi ???

Hey yall well let's see i have a sportsman 800 efi, i had an accident back in april just now starting to get back to ridin'. While i was unable to ride i would go to my shop from time to time to start my 4 wheeler, and it always started fine..... Well it's been a while since i went by to start it but to day i went by to run my wife's my son's & mine there's ran great but mine whould not start so i put a little gas in it becouse i knew it was low & thought it may be empty,but after a couple of try's i knew something was wrong,i noticed after i would turn the key i could not here the fuel pump or something ingage you know on the 800's you turn the and wait for fuel turn on then you turn the key the rest of the way over well i turn the key and nothing...I don't mean & hope i don't sound to dumb, but i just wanted to get some input befour i put in the shop if it need's it. Thank's.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 800 efi ???

First thing is battery charged up after sitting up? EVENTHOUGH its an efi,spray a little contact cleaner on air filter,close box and see if perks up and fires! Sometimes we do this on NEW out of crate machines EFi OR carb to get a good fuel flow started and not just constantly grind at starter to get em kicked off! Good luck

Old 10-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 800 efi ???

check for voltage above 12.5 volts. check to see if the fues is fine for the fuel pump. check to see if power going to fuel pump. some 800's (like 05') had fuel pump issues.