Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

awd help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default awd help

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: michael l

i have a 05 800 sportsman twin. In rev. 4wd did not work when i got the 4 wheeler.. Yesterday i went mudding and 4wd stoped working. I set it up on blocks and the front drive line turns in 2wd and in 4wd but the front tires will not turn at all. can anybody help with this. also i think i have a cv joint going out in back right tire. need help with this too.</end quote></div>

if the front wheels hub fluid is filthy/dirty they will not engage properly. have you ever serviced the front hubs huh? when you ride the atv do you mud alot?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default awd help

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>if the front wheels hub fluid is filthy/dirty they will not engage properly. have you ever serviced the front hubs huh? when you ride the atv do you mud alot? </end quote></div>

Polaris quit using the the bullet proof Hillary hub system in 03 and opted for a single front diff Hillary system after that. Which by the sound of the exploding roller cage stuff was a change for the worst.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default awd help

just got the bike about 5 or 6 months ago and the polaris shop that i got it from said they checked everything and changed fluids. thanks for the help it will help me a lot..