Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Happy Birthday Jumbofrank!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Happy Birthday Jumbofrank!

you should have a downpayment on a 550 xp and see how it compares.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Birthday Jumbo Frank! good to hear you were doing something ATV related on your birthday.even though you wont be riding till into november,it will still be EONS before i will.i know your new baby will be safe with your new security devices..

Old 10-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just one question here........................How did my wife's picture end up on this post????
..........Caper...........

Old 10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dude HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jumbo! (a day late, sorry)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Happy Birthday JumboFrank,

I hope you got a new gun too while you were shopping, thinking about a new one myself. Sorry you are having to get one of those Polaris machines, but there are just only so many Grizzles and everybody can't have one :-)

DodgeHemi, I don't know about JumboFrank, but that picture made my day. Too old to do anything but look, but...

Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

I know I'm late too, but happy belated birthday Jumbo Frank!!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks again guys. They put the winch on yesterday and I paid it off today. I'm still waiting for the thumbwarmer to come in but I got my brushguard and bumper. I really want a 550 but I don't want a first year anything, plus I already have the plow and stuff to fit a 500.

My regular dealer who closed also sold Yamaha. The only other local Yamaha dealer I know of is a criminal who got sued not just by individual people, but by a whole other state. I won't do business there so for the first time in several years I didn't see what Yamaha has to offer and what it costs. It's a 5 hour round trip to a Yamaha dealer I trust. Several times in the past I looked at the two closest Yamaha and Polaris models I was interested in, and the Yamaha cost about $1,000 more and needed new tires to go through mud where my Polaris went with stock tires. Polaris always ended up being a better deal and I'm not driving 5 hours just to look at a Yamaha that I wouldn't get anyway.

The local crooks who sell Yamaha also sell most other Japanese brands too so I didn't look at any of those brands either. Gander Mountain quit selling Arctic Cat and I don't know any other place around here that sells them. Too bad because I wanted to compare them. I would consider Can-Am if they didn't have so many frame problems. I normally like to look at all brands but this time it really came down to if I want to drive east or north to get a Polaris. I looked at both places, each in a different county, and got the one that was about $50 cheaper. It's only 20 miles away so that's not bad, but my old dealer was in my county and only half as far.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey, JDawg, me an sum of the hood bros. want to hang when you get your new wheels. If your wiff us we wone be needin the bolt cutters.....

On a serious note, I hope your birthday was great. I like shopping the local toy stores too. So many toys, so little money. Hope you hold on to your new aquisition for a long, long time to come.

To quote an old Arabic curse: May the thieves who stole your quad(s) have shorts infested with camel lice, food laced with botulism, and Michael Jackson's skin condition.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of my friends said it's getting too cold for the minorities who steal from me to come outside so I should be safe until it warms up again. Actually the only guy they ever caught was a majority and white people are minorities here. Now my friends are taking bets to see how long it takes to get stolen. _____ says she has $5 on the week before Memorial Day. I haven't asked the rest of them what their bets are. My quads usually get stolen right before Memorial Day, the 4th of July, or Labor Day, the only 3 times a year where we can get together and ride more than 2 days. When school lets out for the summer the juveniles have 24 hours a day to steal instead of just 16.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Happy belated birthday JF. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hope it was a good one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]