Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My XP

I take it thats the stealth black 850?

Old 11-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned
Default My XP

Looks nice! Congratulations on the new ride!!

IronBear

Old 11-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: teamsos

Nice machine. We don't get to do much plowing down here in Bama.</end quote></div>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
We had record snow falls and totals last year.I'm also going to pick up a

snowblower!</end quote></div>

I have several snowblowers to choose from. Let me know what size you are looking for [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2008, 08:45 PM
DCT
Banned
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

Thanks,The plow is an American Eagle/Tusk Brand.I was in direct contact with Kevin at American Manufaturing for the mount.This was one of the first to ship.I going to report back to them on how everything fit.I only had some very minor issues with the mount.This was alot cheaper than a Glacier set-up.As for painting the Fangs thats going to have to wait till it warms up.I don't want to stink up the house!</end quote></div>

Yep, the Glacier is not cheap, especially with the Warn winch.

How's the rear mount for the plow? Do you lose much ground clearance with it? Is it going to get banged up on the trail?

Old 11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Range Rover
Default My XP

Congratulations on your new "baby"!!
That stealth black sure looks awesome! I've already plowed with mine twice now, it really does an awesome job. You will not be disappointed.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default My XP

Congrats, you will like the Stealth black! I really like it opposed to my other ATV
colors (Hunter green and Yellow/blk). You may not know this or maybe you do, but
the Stealth black and the camo are "supposedly" more durable plastic material per
my dealer. He said that they are both heat-molded.

Enjoy!

R'

Old 11-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default My XP

Nice Bike!!!
RticKwad-Actually the Stealth is painted,and while it looks the best IMO it is not as durable as the other painted colors. At least I know the stealth on my 08 wasn't. The paint is soft and rubbery,resists scratches ok, but peels easy. You can scrape it off with your finger nail. The shiny colors are a harder paint,more like automotive paint. I believe they are more durable than plastics,but not the Stealth. As much as I love the look, it is not more durable. But the nice thing about the black is it hides damage well since the plastic underneath is black. If Polaris would come out with non-painted black plastic like what is under the Stealth paint I would jump all over that. I went with the Green this time for better durability, looks wise the Stealth is the cake IMO

Old 11-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Range Rover
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

Yep, the Glacier is not cheap, especially with the Warn winch.

How's the rear mount for the plow? Do you lose much ground clearance with it? Is it going to get banged up on the trail?</end quote></div>

This set-up doesn't have the clearance of the Glacier,but the American mount is two pieces.The first part bolts on and is like a skid plate.Then another plate bolts on to that.The tube runners latch onto the lower plate.The lower part unbolts easy,you maybe loose a half inch of ground clearance with just the upper plate mounted.It unhooks in less than one minute.Without the winch I have less than $340 into the setup.One of my friends have used this brand for years and had only minor problems (hardware),on ther other hand one of my friends had problems with his Glacier the first year.My friend with the Glacier plows a city drive and my friend with the American plows multiple country drives.
So I decided on the American Eagle.I'm not bashing the Glacier just going with what I know.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Range Rover
Default My XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Nice Bike!!!

RticKwad-Actually the Stealth is painted,and while it looks the best IMO it is not as durable as the other painted colors. At least I know the stealth on my 08 wasn't. The paint is soft and rubbery,resists scratches ok, but peels easy. You can scrape it off with your finger nail. The shiny colors are a harder paint,more like automotive paint. I believe they are more durable than plastics,but not the Stealth. As much as I love the look, it is not more durable. But the nice thing about the black is it hides damage well since the plastic underneath is black. If Polaris would come out with non-painted black plastic like what is under the Stealth paint I would jump all over that. I went with the Green this time for better durability, looks wise the Stealth is the cake IMO</end quote></div>

To me it looks different from my friends Stealth 08 X2.I'll have to check next time we get out.Soon I hope........

Old 11-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default My XP

Congrats triplggg!
We both have the same color but I chose the glacier plow setup. I haven't been able to use it yet (no snow) but will soon I'm sure!
Take care!