Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV Accident (Me)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV Accident (Me)

If your wife's likes the grips...........Can you just cut the bottom ring off with a razor knife so there is no edge at all at the throttle............Caper................

Old 11-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea sure, I will probably do all of that. I am not going to worry about replacing parts until spring, low low on the priorities. One thing please keep in mind, is that the fault here my assessment was the loose throttle assy, that caused all of the above, NOT the grips per se. AND ME! Yes I will own it, no blame game, had I pre-inspected and knew this could be a problem then it would a much different outcome. Please make sure your BRAKE and THROTTLE ASSEMBLY mounts are tighted, bolted and secure with no play. (My bottom line message!)

And well why we are at it, any advice of the better replacement POLARIS stock parts on-line companies to deal with?

Signing out for the night, little sore, need more heating pad.

Thanks guys!

Regards,

R'

Old 11-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a pair of yellow grips before but the donut wasn't that big around and that probably couldn't happen. They had another problem though. The soft gel material was so sticky the dirt would cling to it and look like a handul of boogers that wouldn't wash off. Now I know 2 kinds of grips not to buy. Or is it just the throttle-easy(?) that's a problem? Thanks Rtic for keeping us informed.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

In theory if the cable had been cut the etc would have kicked in and cut your rpm's.In theory though.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Dang R' glad you're ok! I had a bad scare last fall in my back yard, didn't dump it but it scared me WAY worse than any spill I've ever taken,it could have been a really bad deal.
Anyway, I hope the mis-hap doesn't effect your deer hunting,it only comes once a year!

Old 11-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

All I can say is I am glad that you are OK!! Lesson's learned I guess. All we can do is learn from our mistakes and go from there. Sounds like the majority of the damage is to your wife's bike and not you, the bike can be repaired a lot easier than you can be. Good to hear you are OK!

Old 11-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

I hope you get to feeling better soon R-tic!
The bike can be repaired but deep bruses can be more serious than you think. If you think you MIGHT need to go see a doc than you probably do!
I know it's a small consolation but I'm sure that you are glad that your wife or someone else wasn't riding it like that!
Take care and I hope you heal quickly!
rancher.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

Rtic......
Dang.....very sorry to hear about the accident but glad you walked away in one piece...I know first hand how it feels to have an accident with one of these as I flipped mine and was pinned under mine last year....Not a good time...Felt like I got my butt kicked by about 10 guys for the next week.....Well thanks for the story and glad you're ok....

John

Old 11-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well i can see exactully how that would happen as i see in the pics where the thumb throttle stuck on the grip. glad your ok my brother. sh@t happens like you said in a blink of an eye. parts are replaceable your not!!

Old 11-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

go see a doctor
I had a very close friend who rode atvs, dirtbikes, & motorcycles at least once a day, he was trying to get a dirt bike running, by pull starting it, and when he was letting out the clutch it turned out to be tied up, and it bucked him off, he was ok at the time, he kinda loafed around for a week, but when he got up and started movin aroud, it turns out he had a blood clot in his knee and when he started movin around it right to his heart, and he died from it

he would still be here most likely if he went to the doctor

Quick Reply: ATV Accident (Me)