Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailer recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer recommendation

Thanks for all the helpful info. Looks like a good selection of trailers but I guess it is going to come down to what is available in the Mass/NH area. 19TankHead60 your PJ looks good. Looks like an easy load/unload for two ATVs which is my primary requirement. Do you think there would be room for three mounted side by side with a little muscle?

Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

when looking i went to capworld in salem nh, they only had the regular utility trailers, but mentioned they had another location that had the side drop atv trailers, maybe worth a call. i think the other location was in the hampton area but im not sure. i went with a legend enclosed in the end from a place further up the street. the legends were really well made compared to others in the price range, but i dont think that place had the open trailers

Old 12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

They make utility trailers in two widths. 6'4" and 6'10". Make sure you get the larger one if you plan on turning your quads sideways. With the my sport quads, I can slide the tail over into position with the larger one. With the smaller one I have to lift the tail end up over the rail and into position. Thats if you get a trailer with rails. But either way you would run into that problem between the fender wells if you got the smaller one. I am also looking at trailers and I like the 8' wide models where the deck is above the tires. Then you can load 2 side by side without even muscling them around. Then you can also buy a shorter trailer. 14 feet opposed to 16 or 18.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Check out echotrailers.com. I just sold mine because I outgrew it. It was very nice. I had the side load model with built in gate. They also have economy trailers which look easy to load.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ruggo

Do you think there would be room for three mounted side by side with a little muscle?</end quote></div>

Too tight of a fit. I would go w/ the 77"x16' PJ instead.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

I think the ideal for my taste is an 8' wide (7.6' minimum) x 15 which allows for the easy loading from the side and room for 3 plus some gear. Fishlessman I think there is a CapWorld on Rte 9 in Westboro or Shrewsbury that I can checkout.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Triton ATV trailers - best in my opinion...

http://www.tritontrailers.com/...x?CatID=26&SubCatID=29

Old 12-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Range Rover

I'd get a double axle and as many tie down points as possible, and a storage box on the tongue. I'd look for a trailer with a high deck, it makes it easier when going offroad like to a campsite. Mine has removable side rail ramps and a drive up rear tail gate, this allows maximum flexibility when loading various quads and carts. When my car overheated, I was able to drive it up the trailer and save the towing bill.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

The Tritons are exactly what I think I want .... I suspect they may be a bit pricey ..... Do you know what is a ball park price might be on a 3 spot?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

I bought a BigTex 6000 CH back in the summer and have been happy with it I can use the ramps to load on the back or from the side. Should be able to get 4 machines loaded sideways with a little muscle I think. Here are some pics of what has been on it so far to give you an idea.

Tows great as well.

Quick Reply: Trailer recommendation