Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Spacers on the rear only?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacers on the rear only?

I was looking on ebay and noticed that there was some urathane 1.5 spacers and was thinking that I could just add some to the rear so the 11" tires will fit no problem on the stock rims.. What do ya think about adding them just to the rear?

Old 12-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

Personally I am not a fan of urethane spacers. IMO they do not evenly disribute loads due to the flexability. Also depending on the design, the studs aren't adequately supported.
JMO
As far as only adding spacers to the rear the only problem I could see is the fact that the rear track would be 3" wider. In tight quaters your fronts would clear and the rear could catch.
Personally I would try tweaking the sway bar a little to clear if I didn't want to get aftermarket wheels. That or use steel,or at least billet aluminum,spacers all the way around.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yea like HO said steel spacers!
I wouldn't hesitate to put the spacers in the back only, it really depends on how close obsticals are where you ride. I'm sure you would get used to how your machine tracks though!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO spacers on the back only would be okay but not urethane and not the stud kind.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Damn JF don't you think it's about time to change that user icon? It's been almost two week now we've been looking at THAT!!LOL
C-mon man give os a break! lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Looks Good J>F> keep it happening!!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On another forum they're voting to see if I should get rid of the scary lawnmower man avatar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The last time I checked "Hell Yes" outnumbered "Yes" and "No" by about 2 to 1. I think I'll change it pretty soon. I get bored easily. Must be adult ADD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yea well I think the FISH picture is MUCH better LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

On another forum they're voting to see if I should get rid of the scary lawnmower man avatar. [img][/img] The last time I checked "Hell Yes" outnumbered "Yes" and "No" by about 2 to 1. I think I'll change it pretty soon. I get bored easily. Must be adult ADD. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I thought this was the "real" jumbofrank on a bad hairday and was very pleased that I found someone almost as ugly as me!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

i think he just took his wool cap off and now he is in deep thought?!!?!!?

Quick Reply: Spacers on the rear only?