Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV-Guru Brush Guards

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV-Guru Brush Guards

Thought I'd let you guys know I recieved my rear brush guard for John.The front is still in Chicago (?).I did recieve the Rear X2 kit that I ordered too.
The packaging was done very well,almost overkill.But better safe than sorry.I know it will took me longer to unpack it than it will to install it!
The finish is excellent.Welds great,powder coat great.I've seen Johns work before and he sure hasn't let me down.
I won't be able to do pictures yet.Going to work.I was hopeing to install both at the same time.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

I have the set for the rear of my x2 and would have the front if I would have found them before I got the polaris front brush guard. Your 100% in saying there the best on the market. They have already saved me big money when I was hit hard. In the end no damage, just a scratch in the powder coat.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:45 AM
Pro Rider

I have the front and rear and like his stuff a lot. Great guy to deal with. And the packaging is the best I've received for any aftermarket part, truck or ATV. I'm curious to see it on an 850.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Range Rover

I have to agree,the best pakaged part I ever recieved.I only got my rear brush guard.The front is still at Fed Ex.
I could of drove over and picked up by now!
If you go to the website you'll see some pictures of them installed.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I would really like to order a set of these brush guards for my 850 XP but I'm not too sure that the front one will fit with the plow mount on.
Check out the last two pics on MY PAGE and let me know what you think.
Look at the clearance between the fangs and the plow mount, there might be 3/16th or 1/4" clearance is all!

Old 12-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I would really like to order a set of these brush guards for my 850 XP but I'm not too sure that the front one will fit with the plow mount on.

Look at the clearance between the fangs and the plow mount, there might be 3/16th or 1/4" clearance is all!</end quote></div>

Wow,I don't know.It looks like it's going to be close.The ATV-Guru mounts to the same lower holes your plow mount does.To me it looks like the plow mount would have to go over the brush guard.It couldn't go under it.I'm running a tube type plow set-up so mine will clear.I'm going to try to install them in the morning.I'll take photo's then.Install depends on how my back feels.I'm taking liquid medication now........

Old 12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
DCT
Banned

rancher55,

I bet you could contact them and find out.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT
rancher55,
I bet you could contact them and find out.</end quote></div>

I sent John an e-mail about this question.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

Wow,I don't know.It looks like it's going to be close.The ATV-Guru mounts to the same lower holes your plow mount does.To me it looks like the plow mount would have to go over the brush guard.It couldn't go under it..</end quote></div>

I agree..it would be close,and the plow mount would need to go outside the BG,which brings up 2 questions. Bolt length(notg a big deal,and likey it the stock ones are long enough) and can the plow mount be spread a little without affecting operation....
Personally I know I could get it to work,but will it be a simple bolt on..??? Hard to say without trying it.
Likely John will not know for sure if it will work,but he can maybe tell you if that 3/16" is enough clearance. It is these questions that help to develop products for every need.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

I've been talking to John about this and decided to order front and rear and mod the plow mount when i get it. I'll post results but he thought it would be after xmas before I get it.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

Look at the clearance between the fangs and the plow mount, there might be 3/16th or 1/4" clearance is all!</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: ATV-Guru Brush Guards