Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just bought a TrailBlazer.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a TrailBlazer.....

I just purchaed a 2000 TB 250. Its got the typical wear for its age with a cracked fender and the decals are peeling off.
Ive read thru the forums to make sure i wasnt hitting the same stuff over again and i have a couple of questions....

1. Bike seems kinda sluggish...is this the norm? I changed the plug and dumped the walmart 2 stroke oil in fafor for some Klotz. Also, i cleaned out the filters and will re ride it tomorrow to see if it helped. I read some posts where they say they are a tad sluggish and some say that they are not. This bike is bone stock.

2. Pulled the trans dip stick out and ts completey topped off as in its to the top o-ring on the stick. Im going to drain it before i ride it again. I do not have a polairs dealer very close by, do i have options on the trans oil that goes back in?
I saw online that it takes 16 oz.....is that correct?

3. I see the posts concearning pipes and clutch kits and alot of them point to ritter. I would like the bike to be a little louder than the stock silencer is allowing.
Will it kill it to buy the silencer or should i do the whole pipe....same question for the clutch kit....should i do it with the pipe or silencer or is it something that can wait.

thanks in advance.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

a clutch kit will wake that little 250 up. if you decide to do a pipe kit then you will need another clutch kit to match the new pipe kit...

i would go through the entire wheeler and make sure all the bolts are tight, change fluids, filters, clean carb, ect. also a compression check to make sure the engine is sound. if not installing performance parts will be like pissin in the wind.....

Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

if your looking to get a little bit of umph out of it then get the stage 1 kit from rick. it will wake it up and get rid of the bottom end sluggishness. the trans should have a light weight oil in it like 10w30 or so. gear oil is too thick and will not thin out to get into the bearings and up to the gears. there is very little heat in the trans gearcase for gear oil. the walmart 2 stroke oil is just fine. its what i run in my '00 TB.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

Looks like i need to call Ritter....how does his stuff sound? My last 2 stroke was a 400 scrambler that i loved the sound of....but i dont remember what pipe it had.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

i just got ritter to bore and port the jug, shave the head, and a stage 1 kit. the bike sounds great. has a nice pop to it instead of a pissed off bumble bee. and it really blazes through the trails now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. i would recomment that kit to anybody who wanted a little more pep from those 250 motors

Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

just start with a stage one kit, i have one right now [no stage one kit] but i am trading it. the stage one kit will wake it up a lot. ask him to sub in the aaen pipe instead of his own, it will come to 345$. you get the exhaust, air box vents, new uni filter, jets, and clutching work. its WELL worth it. you can barely get an exhaust to that much.