Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Universal Plow Plus or Glacial? help identify...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Universal Plow Plus or Glacial? help identify...

That plow looks just like my buddies cycle country. His sticker is barely readable but we figured it out. He's looking for a mount to make his work on his scrambler. The tube style mount that came on it won't fit his machine.

Shaun

Old 12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

i have my cycle country mount if he wants that.. dunno if thats what you need or not

Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys,
I'm about 99% sure it's a Universal Plow Plus. I spoke to 2 different Polaris dealerships who said it would either be a Glacier 1 or a UPP. After finally finding some information and photos of the UPP I'm pretty sure it must be that because its obviously not one of the Glaciers.

After figuring out it was the UPP plow the first dealership I spoke with said that they couldn't get a mount and that the plow would not fit on my 06 wheeler. The plow is too old, they said! I found on PurePolaris.com that the UPP plow will fit pretty much anything from 1996 to 2009, so I called a second dealership. The guy was more than helpful and was finally able to find a part number for plow mount. I called the first dealership back as they are the closest and gave them the part number...he said he would call Polaris and verify that the part number was correct. Ten minutes later the guy called back and said that he part would be in on Friday.

So hopefully if all goes as planned I will be ready to push snow on Friday afternoon!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's great news Dodge. Once you get the plow mounted you may be able to get it on your trailer if you back on. That's the only way I can load mine with the plow on it. I have a 5x8 utility trailer.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

Glad you found what you needed. It's amazing how some dealerships won't go the extra mile for the customer anymore. Ask for a little info and if they don't know sorry we can't help you instead of let me make a call and get back to you. Found that out when tryin to find parts for my trail boss.
Harley_Owner I sent you a pm.

Shaun

Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got one of those little dinky trailers from the HD during the summer. I can't even latch the back tail gate when the wheeler is on there, I have to use a rachet strap on either side to keep te gate up. I think those small trailers are like 4x6 or something like that. I don't take the wheeler far on a trailer so I figured that little bugger would be fine...never thought about moving it with a plow on it haha.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys,
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I want to make sure people don't look to this thread for information and are wrongly informed.

I got the plow mount for the Universal Plow Plus system and needless to say...it's not even close to being correct. The distance between the ends of the push tubes is about 19 1/4 inches. The mount for the Universal Plow Plus is more like 14-15 inches.

It seems as though none of the dealerships want to really take the time to help me out trying to figure out exactly what plow it is. You would think that a dealership would want to help out its customers, but nobody wants to do any digging! If I can't get it figured out as to which plow it is this week, then I'm just going to take the plow to the machine shop and cut/bend the push tubes down to fit with the universal plow mount...I just really wanted to do things the "right" way.

Anyone have any idea what type of plow has push tubes that are about 19 1/4 inches wide? The 19 1/4 is from the nub to the nub on the mount, not counting those nubs the mount itself is more like 18 1/4 wide.

-Chad

Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

About dealerships, when I bought my first Polaris SP450 I called a
Charliton I mean a local Polaris dealership (Thats why I drive 2hrs out of my
way now) and asked about some stuff for my new SP450. And the lady on
the phone that works parts did not believe I had a SP450 and tried for several
minutes to "convince" me that I am wrong about my new purchased product
that I must have a SP400 not a SP450 and they are not aware of any parts for it.

Hmmmm, hence now why I don't even call them anymore about even questions, yes
less than helpful, always have an attitude and did I mention about 100% on the price
of their quads, my SP800 was spec'd out by them after I bought mine ($7634 OTD).
I needed some entertainment so I called to see what they priced mine new one for
and they had me over $10k for it, they must think everyone is stupid!

R'

Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

I have a 48" cycle country looks the exact same even the mounts.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you know what the distance is between the end of the push tubes on your Cycle Country?

Quick Reply: Universal Plow Plus or Glacial? help identify...