Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

lets talk plows...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets talk plows...

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wvu304

not to be rude or anything, but could we get the prices for the ones that was bought? just wondering thinkin bout buyin my dad one for his ...honda... lol dont hate me [img][/img]</end quote></div>

LOL! Nothing to hate here in the Polaris forum. We like ALL!!!! And good question on the cost of the plows.

How much is a Cycle Country? What's the website?

Old 12-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Range Rover

I paid $350 shipped.The blade and the tubes from RMATV.The mount directly from American Manufacturing.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

have the same blade as Tripp, the RM Tusk plow that is made by American Mfg...excellent plow at a great price!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Range Rover

good im glad lol... but he has a 2006 honda rancher 350... u guys have any idea's for which plows fit the best? because i know nothin about plows

Old 12-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Range Rover

good im glad lol... but he has a 2006 honda rancher 350... u guys have any idea's for which plows fit the best? because i know nothin about plows</end quote></div>

So? Buy the mount from American Manufacturing direct like I did.
And order the rest.
Maybe they'll cut you a deal if you buy everything from them.
Plow mount #2210.Heres a link:

http://www.eagleplows.com/chart1.html

Old 12-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good im glad lol... but he has a 2006 honda rancher 350... u guys have any idea's for which plows fit the best? because i know nothin about plows</end quote></div>

If I remember correctly the Rancher is almost as wide as a sportsman these days, so I would opt for the 60" blade. (48" will be too narrow)

Old 12-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a similar question. I have a Polaris UTV 4x4 Series 11 Ranger that I use at my work, and I was looking to get a reasonably decent plow for it if my boss will let me. I wanted to stick to the 300-400 dollar range if that was possible and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I'm not a ATV/UTV knowledgeable person is all - meaning: I've looked up some plows for Polaris vehicles, but am unsure if the plows will for sure fit on the model of Polaris that I have.

Any input would help a lot...I'm trying to work out all the details before I present the idea to my boss, that way my chances of getting it might be a little better. Sorry if this is the wrong area for a UTV question or if I need to give more information.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

I use a Cycle Country plow that came off a Ranger. I bought the entire setup used off ebay with out a scratch on it.. I got a pretty good deal.
I think this is my 3rd or 4th season with it and it has held up well. no bends in the push tubes or plow.
I'd go with the Cycle Country again. Customer support is good. They have sent me various nuts and bolts that have rattled loose at no charge.
Deerkiller

Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: humblebumble
I have a similar question. I have a Polaris UTV 4x4 Series 11 Ranger that I use at my work, and I was looking to get a reasonably decent plow for it if my boss will let me. I wanted to stick to the 300-400 dollar range if that was possible and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I'm not a ATV/UTV knowledgeable person is all - meaning: I've looked up some plows for Polaris vehicles, but am unsure if the plows will for sure fit on the model of Polaris that I have.
Any input would help a lot...I'm trying to work out all the details before I present the idea to my boss, that way my chances of getting it might be a little better. Sorry if this is the wrong area for a UTV question or if I need to give more information.</end quote></div>

The tube type plows will be cheaper in price than a Polaris one.The UTV's use longer tubes than the atv's.The tubes cost $30 more for a UTV.You could run a 72" blade.Total cost $430-$500 shipped.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

i got a 48 inch moose plow... works pretty well i must say.. i paid 200 for it.. and the place still has another one... but its in wisconsin

Quick Reply: lets talk plows...