Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009 | 03:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris light bulbs

Thanks, but thats not the question. :-) Read my post again.

Old 02-03-2009 | 05:23 AM
Trailblazer

*bump*

Old 02-03-2009 | 08:05 AM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.

Remove the three screws from the headlight pod, lift off, bulb will twist lock in. If you can't find correct number go to polaris dealer site, put in make, model and year and go to electrical/ headlight/ pod assembly. Is this what you are asking?

Old 02-03-2009 | 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

Ok. Let me refrase the question. On the back of my headlight in the pod there are a hole for the bulb with tape over. Do I just put the correct bulb in there, or must the bulb sit in a sort of socket? The cable has a special connector, and the bulb has it too I suppose. (ref the bulb pic) I could take a pic of my pod/light, but the pod is full of wiring and relays so I dont want to open it again before I have to... :-) (alarm, backup light, gps conn, heated handgrips/trottle, intercom)

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:42 PM
Trailblazer

let me get this straight.....you have the socket for the bulb however it was not installed at the factory...and the tape over the opening is to prevent dust/moisture from entering the headlight???? if you have the wiring harness just buy ....i think was stated an 886 bulb....which can be found at any auto parts store. As for the low beam lights mounted in front i went with a 894 bulb hyper white...what a difference!!!

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed in your pic's that your headlight pod look's (blacked out) was it clear from factory and you covered it or is it that way from factory. I did not realize you were in Norway, maybe the international model's do not come factory with a high beam light.

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

I looked on part's breakdown and they come factory without bulb. Doe's your handlebar have a off/low/high switch on it. I don't know. I guess contact your dealer. I wonder why it's blacked out.

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

The oem bulb polaris utilizes in both high and low applications,is replaced with any of the following numbers 881, 889, 894, 896, 898, 886, 896. This should help with finding a replacement either in a halagen or hid version.

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

Yes I live in Norway. All the lights are replaced with road legal ones. The bike are produced in the US and shiped to Italy for rebuilding by EGI Motors to make them road legal in the EU. The lower lights on mine takes H4 Hi/low, (bi-xenon on mine) and the one in the pod are just taped over. On the rear I have turn signal lights instead of work lights. The pod light has a tape over the "bulb hole". I have searched for the mentioned bulbs here in Norway, but it seems like no one have them. It`s so funny thats all original Polaris parts cost at least 3 times more here in Norway than you give for them... Does the mentioned bulbs (881 - 896) go to specific car models? Easier for me to find if I know what type cars they fit. Can they be called any of the H type bulbs? (H8, H9, H11, HB3, HB4 has that type of connector.)

Old 02-04-2009 | 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

Maybe it would be illegal to use a high beam...being that high or whatever. I cannot crossover a number of bulb to an automaker that uses the same bulb.....some of our cars here have factory fog lamps that use the 881 bulb....so maybe that would work.

Quick Reply: Polaris light bulbs