Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Quadovator 3 light conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadovator 3 light conversion

Has anybody installed the 3 headlight module on their Popo? Just wonder if running all three lights at the same time is hard on the alternator or battery? I think they should have came from the factory that way. Also wondering if any of you have bought anything from Quadovator? They have some interesting things like combination cooling fan manual switch/pilot light, and a kit to make the "work lights" into backup lights when you shift into reverse. Been thinking about the 3 headlight conversion, and the fan switch while adding a temp guage they also have.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Before I found out about Quadovator I had Montana Jack's 3-light mods on 3 Sportsmans. Same thing but double the cost and it comes with a switch so you can have low, high, or all three. No battery drain or alternator problem at all for me. I'm planning on getting some Quadovator stuff after my warranty expires.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

Having an extra bulb drawing another2 to 4 amps of current will naturally put an extra load on the charge system.As will a winch,heated grips,back up lights,a fan running a little more frequently than normal or anything electronic.Just be certain to charge your battery every month or so over night on a charger that delivers less than 2 amps of current.A stator charging system in which atv's use, is only a light duty charge.This cannot by itself bring a battery up to required levels,It's only a helper.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

I run the quadovator 3 light mod, been running it for over a year with no problem. Sure lights things up when running at night. All the Q stuff seems to work good, never heard bad comments. I'm getting the water temp gauge next.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

Also,just purchase a 6 amp diode from an electronic parts retailer to do the 3 light conversion.They cost $1.00. (FYI) The new xp sportsman has a diode wrapped in heat shrink in the headlight pod for this purpose as well.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Big Fan of Quadovator! Between my family and friends we all have been running the 3-light mod its great and no issues! When you order from Greg tell him Rtickwad sent you, LOL. If you have multiple orders he may give you a break on shipping!

Check my icon pics for an assembly pictorial when your ready...:-)

Regards,

R'

Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Range Rover

I have mine just haven't put it on yet!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Trailblazer

I have this mod as well as several others from them. Quick shipping and a great product. See my sig for the full list that I bought. The reverse override is great for plowing.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear it is a top quality kit!! Will be getting one when I get my Popo.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the three light mod myself with a standard automotive relay and the reverse mod(two wires to a waterproof toggle switch). Both were easy, work great, and cost me under $20.

Quick Reply: Quadovator 3 light conversion