Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2000 TrailBoss

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought mine today, took it out with a few friends and it was AWESOME on the trails. We rode through about 90 acres of wooded trails and creek crossings. There was a blaster, scrambler 500 4x4, trailblazer, and older polaris 350 4x4. it was great to see the strengths of the different machines and i felt that mine was the best of all worlds. Just wanted to share my joy!

Jason
Youth Minister
FBC Rusk

Old 02-11-2001, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Enjoy the new quad, those trailboss's look nice

Old 02-11-2001, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations! I hope you have as much fun on your Polaris as I do on mine.

Old 02-11-2001, 01:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Any all around advice on this machine? I learned some of its capabilities (surprised me) and some of it limitations today.

Old 02-11-2001, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Make sure you have the upgraded oil lines.

Old 02-11-2001, 07:53 AM
BK
Pro Rider

Look at the oil lines as they come out of the engine (by the oil filter). If they are held on by hose clamps they need to be upgraded by a dealer (free, recall). Otherwise it is a great atv. I couldn't tell if you bought it new, if so it will get faster as it breaks in. I have had mine in all types of terrain including water over front fenders, without any problems. All I've done to it is put on some better rear tires and do regular maitenance. I am a very happy owner. Were you a former 220 Bayou rider? If so I bet you are really enjoying the ride. It will get softer and smoother as it breaks in. Enjoy!

BK 2001 Trail Boss

Old 02-12-2001, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info BK! I did buy it new, so i look forward to it getting broken in. i'll look to see about the break lines. my friend has a 2000 trailblazer, and he has taken me by about a length every time we line up. can i expect this to change much?

Jason

Old 02-12-2001, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer

This is BK's Brother and I own a 2001 trailblazer and we race and ride together all the time. It will always be that way. Mine is a little faster and will always out run him. He has a lot better seat than my blazer and the boss seems to be a better double machine because of the low end power. The blazer is a little lighter and faster but they still make a good pair for riding together. Good luck.

Old 02-12-2001, 11:41 AM
BK
Pro Rider

In a flat out drag I think the Blazer will always win. On the tight stuff, there is hardly any difference. The Boss has more low end power, so it is easier to ride in some conditions and it also has the softer ride of the two. I haven't drag raced my brother's Blazer lately. I feel like my Boss is just really getting broke in, but I doubt it changes much. BTW,I just put on a pair of Duro mud and sand tires ($78 for the pair from Dennis Kirk) and it really has made a difference in the mud and sand. I ride with another Boss and a Blazer both with stock tires and I can get thru stuff they can't.

BK 2001 Trail Boss

Old 02-12-2001, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

txbayou

The trailboss is a great machine for trail riding. You will really enjoy it. First thing to do is to throw out the stock paper air filter and get a Uni Filter. It breaths better and is reusable. You will not notice a ton of power gain, but a little none the less. The other suggestion is to watch the rear brakes. They have a habit of wearing quickly and the metal will ruin the brake rotor if the pads get worn out. BK is not talking about the brake lines above, he is talking about the oil lines coming out of the engine. The earlier 2000 models had a junky hose clamp on them that would come off under pressure and all the oil would shoot out. Polaris subsequently replaced all of these free of charge. Your new machine should have the better style, but check just in case. Post additional questions if you have any and enjoy your machine.

Quick Reply: 2000 TrailBoss