Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I have a 2001 Two Stroke Scrambler

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a 2001 Two Stroke Scrambler

I want to put a new pipe on my 2001 Polaris Scrambler Two Stroke 2X4 this spring because it still has the stock pipe and I would like a good power gain. I have been looking at AAEN pipes and they look to be the best pipes for the Scrambler, if anyone has any suggestions for a pipe or any expierience with AAEN pipes the information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on what you want out of your machine and where and how much power you want.
I personally like the Dynoport pipe due to that it responds to stock clutching or just a simple primary spring change and you dont need a high engagement to get to the power.It pulls good through all rpms.This is a pipe for great lowend and decent mid-top powerGreat for tech trails.
aaen makes great pipes but agian you need to know which you want the lowend power Torquer or the TOPend pipe which requiers a high engagement and gets you more rpms than the Torquer.
HPD Trail pipe with HPD clutch kit is great too.
There is alot to think about on these pipes.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I found RCR (Ritter Cycle Racing), Hot Seat Performance, and AAEN Performance to be the best with your quad. But, a pipe alone wont change anything because of the transmission. You'll need to tune the tranny to the new power curve created by the pipe and jetting.

Rick Ritter is the owner at RCR and has the set up.

http://rittercycle.com/polaris.htm

RCR Stage 1 Performance Kit :
Kit includes your choice of RCR pipe and silencer, clutching, carburetor jets, Hi-flow airbox mod kit with air filter. This is a package that works together, and is built for your riding style and conditions.............. $325.00
Includes FREE SHIPPING!!

RCR Pipe Options:

RCR TOPEND PIPE
This pipe is designed for drag racing, dunning,
or for anyone who craves peak horse power. While being to much for most trail riding situations, it has no match in shear acceleration and top speed.
Works best with orange clutch spring.

RCR MIDRANGE PIPE - I run with the Mid-Range Pipe and like it.
Our most popular pipe! This pipe pulls smoothly and predictably over a wide range. The good bottom end of this pipe for low clutch engagements, while still gaining over 8 horse power on top.
Works best with plain clutch spring.

RCR LOWEND PIPE
This pipe has the same peak horsepower as the factory pipe, but the lowend horsepower is brought up dramatically. For use in tight woods or pulling. The pipe uses stock silencer or RCR's silencer.
For use with stock clutching or green spring.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Have you checked your local law enforcement and if they do in deed enforce the decibel rating in your neck of the woods? Hate to see you buy a pipe and have the law breathin' down your neck

Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most 400 pipes can be used with a stock silencer

Old 03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

RCR looks quite promising, I think im going to go with their pipe over AAEN's, I could get that whole RCR kit instead of just the AAEN's pipe, RCR looks more affordable, anyone know how loud that pipe from RCR is? I don't wanna be getting noise complaints, Is it much louder than stock?

Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I use the stock muffler. It keeps the noise levels and spark arrestor legal. Plus I like the fact it a sleeper. 4x4 w/ racks and a stock muffler.... Then I go run with the 400ex's and other sports quads. shocks alot of people