Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

cheap good synthetic rope...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap good synthetic rope...

check this out guys i found it earlier and showed a couple guys.. its 50 ft.. 7700# test and comes with the hawse thing... i got one and so did a few others... good deal.. thought i would share...!!!!!

better not forget the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...Q5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the intel....bought one for spare, good price!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the link! I like their winch kits. It's the first I've found that comes with a mounting bracket for the older sportsmans. I might give one of those a try for all the more they cost and all the more i'd use it (don't have anything now, never really needed one either).

Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

RyanJ, I think I would check out the viper winch first. The forums and reviews I read say that the viper is a tad better than the venom. I've read of the venom mounts not fitting like they should. The viper is American made the venom is made IDK where (china)? There really is no difference in price. You can find them on ebay free shipping or through motoalliance.com sometimes they have free shipping there too as well as sales.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, thanks for the tip. I checked out the Viper and you're right, pretty much the same kit and price, plus extras. I'll take your word about the quality difference and give it a try.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the link, Ordering one now.

RyanJ, I ordered a Viper, several other people I know have ordered Venom, Gorilla, and another no-name off of Ebay. As far as we can tell, they are all the same, come in the same box even, with different logos. They all perform the same. Mine works okay, I had a TON of problems mounting it to a '06 Sportsman, had to do several modifications. Viper (motoalliance) is know for having the best, by far, service and support, but were more money. So, not sure, I might just go with the cheapest place online if I have to order another. They are all made in China, Viper says it right on their site.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

i checked out the viper before i got the venom.. and i thought the price was diffrent.. the venom was a alittle cheaper.. i installed it piece of cake.. i dont know what extras you would want but the hause mount is all you need... maybe that rubber stopper would be nice so you dont braise the aluminum... since i put it on... i have pulled trees and used it to winch myself and others outta some pretty grusome mud... i paid 44 that included shipping and handling i thought that viper was like 60 or more... i dont kare just thought i would share that

Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Harley, so what's your thoughts on the rope? Have you given it a workout yet? There have been many posts blasting it, saying it's not Amsteel. But, it's half the price with a fairlead. Just curious. For me, it was that or another steel cable. I'm waiting for it to come int he mail. Thanks!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Besides weight reduction, what are the advantages and disadvantages of the synthetic rope? I am shopping for a winch and accessories and have been thinking about a winch kit with synthetic rope already on it and rollers.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

This is what I have. Genuine Amsteel. 50' for $55. It comes in blue, green and silver. Kapplers is a great company to deal with too. I couldn't view the eBay page (at work) so I couldn't compare prices.

Amsteel Synthetic ATV Winch Cable (Silver) - Accessories - Amsteel Synthetic ATV Winch Cable (Silver) - KFI ATV Winch, Mounts and Accessories

Quick Reply: cheap good synthetic rope...