Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris engine?

Im looking for info on the engine manufacture for an 07/08 Po 500 H.O EFI. I cant seem to find out who builds the engines for the Polaris.
Thanks...any links with info would be great.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris engine?

its made by fuji heavy industries which is owned by subaru. fuji makes (as far as i know im sure ill be corrected) all polaris single cylinder motors. the twins are made by polaris themselves

Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris engine?

thank you, I'll be happy to inform by buddy with the polo that his engine is indeed a Fuji motor and not built by Subaru like he thouht,
Thanks

Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris engine?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Titleist

thank you, I'll be happy to inform by buddy with the polo that his engine is indeed a Fuji motor and not built by Subaru like he thouht,

Thanks</end quote></div>

eggenz7 is correct for the most part. But so is your buddy.. Suburu is Fuji..ie Suburu is the automotive division of Fuji Heavy Industries..it's industrial engine division is called Suburu-Robin in the US, Robin elsewhere..so technically you could say it is a Suburu or a Robin or a Fuji...all would be correct..
I assume your buddy saw the Suburu oil filter that came on the machine from the factory?

Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris engine?

Whoops..dbl post..

Old 03-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris engine?

yea, its all about the filter, I thought I read somewhere that these were Fuji's but couldnt confirm it so I dont say to much. but thnx.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris engine?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Titleist

yea, its all about the filter, I thought I read somewhere that these were Fuji's but couldnt confirm it so I dont say to much. but thnx.</end quote></div>

It is more commonly referred to as a Fuji engine.

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris engine?

Polaris, Fuji form company to build engines; Hudson facility to supply recreation, industrial manufacturers
Business Wire , Feb 3, 1995
Email Print
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 3, 1995--Polaris Industries Inc. (AMEX:SNO) and Fuji Heavy Industries today finalized a joint ownership agreement to form Robin Manufacturing USA, a new Hudson, Wis.-based company which will build small engines for recreation, golf and industrial products.

Robin is setting up operations in a separate facility in Hudson, and will begin building engines in early February.

Under the agreement, Fuji, which is based in Tokyo, Japan, will own 60 percent and Minneapolis-based Polaris will own 40 percent of Robin.

Polaris Chairman and Chief Executive Officer W. Hall Wendel, Jr., said Polaris and Fuji have had strong business ties since the mid-1960s, when Fuji first began building engines for Polaris snowmobiles. Today, all Polaris snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles and personal watercraft are powered by Fuji-built engines.

"Robin will leverage Fuji's engine building expertise, giving Polaris and other manufacturers a domestic supplier of high-quality, high-performance engines," Wendel said.

Both Fuji and Polaris will realize significant benefits, Wendel added. For Polaris, the plant will eliminate overseas shipping and engine cost increases due to the rising Yen, resulting in reduced manufacturing costs. And Fuji, which builds about 800,000 engines annually in Japan, will enjoy a stronger presence in the expanding U.S. market for gas-powered recreation, utility and industrial products.

Robin customers also will benefit from the plant's location, Wendel said. Hudson is on the Wisconsin-Minnesota border, close to major shipping hubs in the Twin Cities and also near key customers including Polaris, which has manufacturing facilities in Roseau, Minn., Spirit Lake, Iowa and Osceola, Wis.

Fuji Heavy is best known as the manufacturer of SUBARU automobiles and is positioned for continuing leadership in the global transportation industry. The Industrial Products division of Fuji provides several models of sophisticated Robin engines to a diversified group of customers. The combination of innovation and technological achievement establishes a strong base for growth into the 21st Century, for both Polaris and Fuji.

Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles and personal watercraft for recreational and utility use. Polaris is the world's largest snowmobile manufacturer, and one of the largest U.S. manufacturers of ATVs and personal watercraft. Polaris trades on the American and Pacific Stock Exchange under the symbol "SNO."

FHI has four main divisions:

The automobile division, Subaru, has been manufacturing and selling automobiles since 1954 and now has 1,970 dealers in 100 countries.
The aerospace division is a contractor for the Japan Defense Agency and markets and sells both commercial and defense-related aircraft, helicopters and target drones. This division used to build the Fuji FA200 Aero Subaru and is currently participating in the Airbus A380, Boeing 777, Boeing 787, Hawker 4000 and Eclipse 500 programs, and supplies parts for Boeing 737, Boeing 747 and Boeing 767. A Stock for London Underground Rolling Stock.
The industrial products division manufactures and sells commercial engines, pumps and generators under the Subaru-Robin brand in North America, and as Robin everywhere else. Fuji's industrial products division, began manufacturing "Star" engines for Polaris Industries snowmobiles in 1968 but the cooperation ended in 1998 when Polaris Industries started to build their own brand new Liberty two-stroke engines, but Fuji remains a Polaris supplier of pistons to this day. Fuji is a partner with Polaris, owning a percentage of Polaris stock. Fuji has provided more than 2 million engines used in Polaris snowmobiles, ATVs, watercraft and utility vehicles. [4]
The eco technology division manufactures and sells garbage trucks, robot sweeper, and wind turbines.
FHI discontinued the production of buses and railroad cars in 2003.
The company's four divisions all share their technological advancements with one another, which has made FHI a leader in innovation. In particular, they apply a great deal of their aircraft technology to their automotive division, the most notable example being the horizontally-opposed boxer engines used in all modern Subaru automobiles.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Polaris engine?

and yes the twins are built by polaris them selfs in the usa. the 500 fuji engine has one of polaeis best and reliable engines to date.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris engine?

I'd say that 500 fuji is probably Polo's best but you havta go a loooooooong way to beat ACats Suk 500, now that motor is rock solid. But Im not here to start a motor war, just wanted to conferm that Polo's 500 wasnt there own...Thanks.

Quick Reply: Polaris engine?