ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Pulled the Trigger on a 2009 SP 850 XP Sunset Red (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/312381-pulled-trigger-2009-sp-850-xp-sunset-red.html)

FunRide 05-18-2009 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by HeftyLefty (Post 2794678)

Looks like if you got into trouble with the trailer it would rip the wheel right off, or at the least damage the a-arms.

biz4two 05-20-2009 12:15 AM

1st ride in the books!

Well...was able to go trail riding in the sand this past Sunday. WOW...I am still smiling! Seriously...I have never ridden an ATV that was so smooth and powerful. It really did soak up the bumps with ease...and well that 70hp is amazing! I so love the smell of a new machine burn in!

In the desert at about 85 degrees the fan did kick on a few times. I was surprised at just how quiet the fan is compared to my Suzuki QuadRunner 500 that I used to own. Climbing a few sand hills...YES...I did use 4x4 (AWD) mode. With so much power...YES...the front wheels were digging in. All in all...a great day riding!

This coming weekend I will be in the high country mountains of Northern New Mexico...and possibly Southern Colorado. I suspect 8100ft up to about 11,000ft. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes!

biz
:cool:

Ruggo 05-20-2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by biz4two (Post 2795715)
Well...was able to go trail riding in the sand this past Sunday. WOW...I am still smiling! Seriously...I have never ridden an ATV that was so smooth and powerful. It really did soak up the bumps with ease...and well that 70hp is amazing! I so love the smell of a new machine burn in!

In the desert at about 85 degrees the fan did kick on a few times. I was surprised at just how quiet the fan is compared to my Suzuki QuadRunner 500 that I used to own. Climbing a few sand hills...YES...I did use 4x4 (AWD) mode. With so much power...YES...the front wheels were digging in. All in all...a great day riding!

This coming weekend I will be in the high country mountains of Northern New Mexico...and possibly Southern Colorado. I suspect 8100ft up to about 11,000ft. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes!

biz

Biz don't forget we all love the pics! lol

biz4two 05-20-2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ruggo (Post 2795794)
Biz don't forget we all love the pics! lol

Yeah...I totally forgot the camera for my first outing! :lmao: For this coming trip...I will definitely have the camera!!!

biz

HawkeyeRider 05-20-2009 09:15 PM

Congrats on your new ride!! Looks great...still waiting for the (inaction) pics though.
P.S. What part of N.M. are u in?? I live in ABQ.

MooseHenden 05-21-2009 10:20 AM

Sounds like a great ride! Let us know how it performs at the higher elevations. (Not that we have that kind of hill out here in New England) I drove my GMC through a pass in Colorado when we did a vacation ride across this great country and went through a mountain pass. (Wolf Pass???) If I remember the elevation was around 10,000 feet. It felt like the 6.0L engine only had 6 cylinders. I'd be interested to see if you notice any drastic change in power. I know EFIs are better because they automatically compensate for elevation changes but it's still an air breathing engine. Let us know.

HawkeyeRider 05-24-2009 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider (Post 2796225)
Congrats on your new ride!! Looks great...still waiting for the (inaction) pics though.
P.S. What part of N.M. are u in?? I live in ABQ.

Ok,...I feel like an idiot...just noticed you're in ABQ also. Next time I'm on home time I'll see if we can hook up and do some trail riding. If you are up to it.

biz4two 05-25-2009 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider (Post 2797595)
Ok,...I feel like an idiot...just noticed you're in ABQ also. Next time I'm on home time I'll see if we can hook up and do some trail riding. If you are up to it.

Absolutely! Bet you know of some good riding places...:D

biz

HawkeyeRider 05-25-2009 11:04 PM

The best place I know of to ride is where my in-laws live out by the Laguna Pueblo going towards Grants. If I'm home ontime they are having a big fathersday bbq on the June 21, I'll be taking my Hawk (if I'm home) there are some really sweet trails out there up and down the mesa's. And some great views. But if I can't make it i'll be riding the west mesa out towards the MDC...lol, when I get home.