Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Moving to Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious if there are any of you guys that live or ride in Georgia. I am moving to the Atlanta area this fall. I am hoping to find some new trails and riding partners.

Old 02-16-2001, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lurch~
Wow, whats taking you from Maine all the way down to Georgia? Sorry, Atlanta is a little out of my range to go riding! Good luck finding new riding buddies....but at least you'll get to experience some new Terrain and trails!

Old 02-17-2001, 08:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Lurch, you sure get around. In reference to another post, ya gotta try a Moon Pie and RC. As far as down yonder a piece, ya just go til you find it. Loved the movie "Fargo", because of the accents, but you're going to get some strange looks!

Tb325

Old 02-17-2001, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

WIScrambler,

Your right I do get around. I am actually from WI myself. (I don't know if you already knew that or not)

But I am in the military, which is what keeps me on the move. I have lived in WI, FL, NC, then here in Maine. I have also stayed in IL for a while (boot camp). Now this fall I will be going to GA for at least 4 years, along with a month long school in VA.

TB,

I will just have to get used to those funny word and phrases I guess. And they will have to get used to my funny accent.

Old 02-17-2001, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Welcome to Georgia !! There's several places around Atlanta to ride. Most are in North Georgia. Average 30-50 miles outside Atlanta. I live south of Atlanta and spend most of my riding time on the north side. My son rides a Trailblazer and loves it...one tough atv. Check out the attached website for directions. Maybe we'll see you on the trail. Great Website you have.
http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/orv_info.htm

Old 02-17-2001, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lurch77,
I to am in the military, currently at Fort Benning. Previously I was in KY, great riding in the Daniel Boone Nat'l Forest, anyway I back up there atleast 2 times a year. As far as around Atlanta, well I know there are some areas north of Atlanta, but I haven't been there YET! There are also a couple of places in eastern AL.
Well goodluck in finding somewhere to ride.

Milton
00 SP500
etc...

Old 02-17-2001, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the South !!! The biggest things that I had to adjust to when I moved from Los Angeles to Mobile was: A) No one is in a hurry, especially during summer. B) The 24 Hours / 7 Days a week convenience of LA wasn't available, ie. most small businesses are open 8 to 5 and Saturday 8 to noon and closed Sunday. It takes a little more planning to get things done, rather than spur of the moment, like it was in LA.
Of course, moving from Maine to Atlanta, you may find just the opposite !!
Now your iced tea comes with sugar in it, and "We don't care how ya'll did it up north" !!!

Old 02-17-2001, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Lurch: Why don't ya awol and move to Colorado. I'll ride with ya bro. Chickenman will show ya some riding ya can't believe.

Old 02-17-2001, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

If you think you could make it to alabama some time during the summer, we have tons of trails.Especially strip pits.I just hope your not afraid to get your blazer on the road, cause thats allmost the only way to get around here=)

Old 02-18-2001, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Lurch

Good to hear that your coming on back down this way..We have lots of good trails between you and i and lots of us that ride together are willing to travel to where ever.. To get our atv fix LOL. Thats half the fun.. So if things work out will all try and get together and ride in some central location...You'll be apporoximately 4 hours south of us so keep in touch and we'll or anyone else in the forum try and make a central location and have a JAMBOREE!! good luck with the move

Cya
RON

2000 Xplorer 250
RCR stage1

Quick Reply: Moving to Georgia