Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Problem starting my Polaris ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. It took me 2 months to get a new ECM put in and the quad WAS doing great.Now just 2 days ago on the cluster panel, the fuel gage display, all of the segments are flashing and I have 3/4 tank of gas !!

I hope this doesn't mean my computer is going to go again!! Anyone else had this problem??

Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

It may be the SPEEDO or the Cable to it (Speedo cable was completely severed). That was my problem. Did you have to hold on the left brake to start her? If you hear the click click, hold in the left brake and see if she starts. (Of course I learned this painfully, with a damaged pod from my accident)

Wish you all the best my friend!

R'

Old 11-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you have a new ecm i would check all your connections to the ecm. Maybe something wiggled loose. Is the machine still running ok?

Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default same problem???

hey im havin the same problem with mine sounds like i've checked everything i can think of was your problem the ecu or the control module????? PLZ HELP about to pull all my hair out

Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

This happened to my 08 500X2. It started in Nov. when the high beam light quit working.Didn't have time to check it out, then x-mas day I was plowing snow in my yard and 4 wheeler quit, the electrical system was dead, turned key off and on and fired up, this happened 3 times, I ended up pushing 4 wheeler in garage with skid steer, next morning it fired right up went to end of driveway and shut down,had to have neighbor pull me in with his rhino,found a couple of cable connections kind of loose so I tightened up. I took it out of garage went about 30 feet and quit again by this time I'm really pissed, had neighbor pull me back into garage, while looking at the guages I grabbed the handle bar and all lights came on, I took the pod apart and found 4 broken wires 2 for the lights and 2 for ignition. Polaris did a good job of wiring but wires are so tight they can't give when turning the wheels, if I have a problem my guess there is going to be hundreds of 4 wheelers with same problem.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default having the same problem

I have a 2008 Sportsman X2 after starting a plow job, I went to start my ATV and nothing. Battery has power, cleaned all terminals. I hear the same clicks and I actually got it to start twice, but only lasted a couple of minutes. Is it possible I have a moisture problem? I love this machine when it's working, but when it shuts down, it can leave you feeling like an idiot trying to diagnose the problem. could really use some expert advise before I'm takin to the cleaners by a local dealer. thanks.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you think we have problems now wait til they start building this junk down in Mexico!!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:38 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Never thought a (ECM) belonged on a ATV. Some ideas are not for the better but just to be different.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by wi bucky
If you think we have problems now wait til they start building this junk down in Mexico!!
the "junk" they will be assembling in mexico is for other countries... polaris still has 3 other plants in the usa... harley is also moving a plant out of the states as well. glad to see you joined just to bash a quad brand

Old 12-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't think you understand my point, maybe a high school education would of been better than a GED. We are loosing thousands of jobs every year to foreign countries, it's democrats like you that want to keep taxing everybody out of business like polaris.If the government would give a tax break to small businesses the unemployment rate would be under 5%.

Quick Reply: Problem starting my Polaris ATV