Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009 | 08:58 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Lights

Hey guys, I recently got some strobe lights for my rear worklights, and I was kind of wanting some in the front too, and I saw some nicer ones on ebay, that were just like the led lights that Chuck has, so I was wondering, if I got some led headlights, and maybe even brake lights, If I just wired in a strobe controller box, if I could use the existing holes and wiring and stuff

any other info., ideas, or comments are also welcome

Old 06-05-2009 | 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

so you want to used the oem wires and wire in a flasher to flash leds that youd buy and put in the head and taillights? alternate or flash togetther?

Old 06-05-2009 | 06:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

yes, I'd like to use the existing wiring, and flash just the headlights for know, and just have them flash like my back ones do

I would just turn the flasher box to be on solid, and that way when i turned on my headlights they would be normal, but when I flipped the switch on the flasher box, then they would flash

Thanks for your help Chuck

Old 06-05-2009 | 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

ok. iget what you want to do. so do you also want to use the oem bulbs?

Old 06-06-2009 | 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

700SP -

Whats the purpose of the rear flashers, is it just goofing off abit or do you plow or something?

Old 06-06-2009 | 08:03 PM
|
Pro Rider

Chuck well I would if they would work, but I figured the regular lights couldn't handle the flashing

R' I do some plowing, and just something neat, I did use them the other day down at Wayne National Forest, there was a little girl on a 110cc. and her mom was right behind here and she went up the bank of the hill we were goin down and flipped right on the back of the little girls wheeler, and then both of them flipped on the little girl, luckily the husband was in front of them, so we all ran up and flipped over the quads and the little girl was crying, and said it rolled on her head, thank god she was wearing a helmet, but she was ok all but here ankle hurt, I was right at the top of the hill so I flipped on my lights, so people would come flyin down the hill, I even had a guy say the were pretty neat

Old 06-06-2009 | 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

Not legal to have in MN... We just put red white and blue led strobes on our Outlander and Ranger at the Sheriff's Office. Nice for the visibility and safety, but the general public (including my personal machine) can not have them.

Old 06-06-2009 | 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

well i do not know of a led bulb for the headlights yet. iv looked since i wanted to put led headlight bulbs in there. as for making them flash. id need to know more about the flasher that you are useing. and the wireing of it. to see how or if it would work. im shure it would work.

Old 06-06-2009 | 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by dcso3009
Not legal to have in MN... We just put red white and blue led strobes on our Outlander and Ranger at the Sheriff's Office. Nice for the visibility and safety, but the general public (including my personal machine) can not have them.
iv said that before. and i am well aware of the colors that can and can not be used. altho some cops think they know the law but they dont, and have proven 2 cops to be wrong.

Old 06-06-2009 | 08:18 PM
|
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: Lights