Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Pics of the Add-ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Negligence, you're going to love the HID's.

I just got back from a ride in the Sierras this weekend and we had to do about 20 miles in the rain through the forest to get to our campsite after it got dark (original planned site was closed). My lights were so much better than the others they made me take the lead.

Two weeks ago in the middle of nowhere Nevada one of my buddies lights went out so I rode in wingman position (behind and to the right of him) for about six miles so he could see where he was going - he said it was better than his own lights. and on another night I caught up with a jeep and drowned out his driving lights.

Did I mention that I love these lights? The should be the first upgrade for anyone that rides at night.

Good luck mounting the ballasts. I mounted mine under the storage box, between the frame and the drop down part of the box. I also did the 3 way light mod - awesome combination.

One other thing I noticed is that if the light switch is on when you start the quad, sometimes one of the lights doesn't come on. Just keep the switch off when you start the bike.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Range Rover

I am planning on getting the semi-rigid storage next for mine. Did you go through a dealer or ebay. Right now its at least 10 bucks cheaper if I go through ebay to get one.

Looks sharp.......

Old 06-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Range Rover

I got mine through the dealer. It holds more than I thought it would and so far it has kept out dust, mud and water. Zippers get sticky, but have never jammed.

The bottom of the bag feels very flimsy but so far no problems. You should know that they use a leatherette material which is completely different than the material used in the other Polaris semi-rigid bags. They could have added mesh bags to use as cup holders seeing as how the bag covers those moulded into the rack.

I wish they made a bigger version.

Heres a photo of mine from the back http://forums.atvconnection.com/albu...ictureid=33145. I've since added a rack off the back which I'll post after I clean it up from this weekends ride in the mud.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MickJP
I got mine through the dealer. It holds more than I thought it would and so far it has kept out dust, mud and water. Zippers get sticky, but have never jammed.

The bottom of the bag feels very flimsy but so far no problems. You should know that they use a leatherette material which is completely different than the material used in the other Polaris semi-rigid bags. They could have added mesh bags to use as cup holders seeing as how the bag covers those moulded into the rack.

I wish they made a bigger version.

Heres a photo of mine from the back ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community - MickJP's Album: Trip Photos, etc. - Picture. I've since added a rack off the back which I'll post after I clean it up from this weekends ride in the mud.
I got 20% off list price because I bought it through the same dealership. Question for you on your rack extenders after looking at your pic, does the rack turn into the grab handles for the passenger?

Old 06-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Range Rover

No.

The grab handles are one thing I would like to change that I haven't figured out yet. They take up a lot of rack space and are too low for my kids. I added another step riser (1 more than shown in the photo) because they couldn't really push on their feet for bracing, and my sons legs chaffed after a bumpy ride. If they want to stand up to absorb bumps, they can't reach the handles.

Of course my son had a solution - why don't you ride on the back Dad and let me drive?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Range Rover

Sharp

Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pictures, i would leave the shock covers on.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

If your looking for a descent deal on rack extenders look on ebay. I picked up a front and rear combo for way under polaris list price and they were genuine polaris parts. Not some after market ones.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

MickJP,
What HID light kit did you use for your wheeler? I just upgraded to the polaris blue xenon lights made by polaris. It made quite a difference from stock lights. But i bet it aint no match compared to HID lights. Did you notice any strain on your charging system?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Sportsmanfanz
If your looking for a descent deal on rack extenders look on ebay. I picked up a front and rear combo for way under polaris list price and they were genuine polaris parts. Not some after market ones.

do you remember the name of the seller? I'd like to pick up a set this week yet.

Quick Reply: New Pics of the Add-ons