Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pulling the trigger...2 XP's

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulling the trigger...2 XP's

Finally worked out a deal on an 850xp eps and 550xp eps.....although they CANT FIND BLACK on the 550 which is what my wife really wanted They have camo or red...I guess she'll have to make due.

Another option is for them to switch the panels out on the red or camo to black....but what kind of process is that? Do they have to take the whole thing apart? - worth the time and $ ?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Range Rover
Maybe you could have your wife talk to my wife?

Just let her have the 850. Problem solved!
Cheers,
cc

Old 06-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

850 is only avail in camo - which I dont mind

Old 06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I'd take the red for a girl, but the camo will hold up better, along with the stealth color.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:27 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

The camo will look good long after the colored/painted machines will. You are going top of the line!

Old 06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer

One dealer told me the camo was 'injected' into the plastic - isn't it just like the dips they do on guns/other camo parts?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats!!!!
Changing the plastic is alot easier than it looks...not a big deal really..
BTW I'll go against the grain and say don't believe the hype about the camo and black holding up better...the blalck will hide damage better because the plastic underneath is black..but the glossy colors are clear coated auto type paint and are harder to damage in the first place..unless you ride through ALOT of brush or hit plan on regularly hitting something hard enough to go through the clear coat the glossy colors will out last the matte colors hands down will a little wax..

Old 06-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were spending that kind of money, I would get exactly what I want. If the wifey wants black, by god I'd do everything I could to get her black. Are they gonna charge more to switch over to black plastics. If they do it for the same price, then thats what I'd go with. I got a blue 800, and I wanted black. I couldnt pass up the price on it or else I would have waited or went somewhere else for a black one. Some days I really wish I would have.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by stealthblack
Finally worked out a deal on an 850xp eps and 550xp eps.....although they CANT FIND BLACK on the 550 which is what my wife really wanted They have camo or red...I guess she'll have to make due.

Another option is for them to switch the panels out on the red or camo to black....but what kind of process is that? Do they have to take the whole thing apart? - worth the time and $ ?
Oh yea ..... that's what we're talking about, his and her's XP's.... Congratulations!! I have a hunch your going to really like them. Once you get them be sure to post some pics.

brian

Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

Well its a done deal.....two camo xp's......550 & 850 both eps......3yr extended warranty, VIP service for 3 yrs (includes ALL service visits + same day in and out). She liked the camo, and didnt feel that strongly about what color it was anyways (just didnt want red), and they had both in stock, the 850 on the showroom. We pick them up on sat and are very excited!

I guess I was sort of stuck on getting her black because it would match her truck (dbl cab tacoma sport), but in the end I dont think it mattered enough to try and find one out of town - this dealer is 10 min away and was giving by far the best deal out of the 5 dealers around town!

Quick Reply: pulling the trigger...2 XP's