Xeon bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xeon bulbs

Hey all,

Who out there is running these after-stock headlight bulbs? My dealer has the Polaris "Blue" for $24. Does it really give a blue light or is that just the name for them? My interest is really "more brighter" over stock. However, they didn't carry the "white" Xeon, maybe I am getting this mixed up with another product?

Thx in advance!

R'

Old 07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

no.... don't get blue unless you want the colour effect.... the lighting is ok but not the best... close to the same as oe.... the zeon are the best... you can also order higher watts....but watch they get hot.... id to close to plastic lens it can yellow it or melt it over time.....but the brightness and distance is awsome do all 3 if you go for it....don't get them from the dealer go to you local auto parts store with the # or bulb they will be cheaper.. roughly 35-60 per pair depending on manufacturer

Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Range Rover

One of my riding buddies did the Xeon on his 08 x2 and they were an improvement. Now they're almost 30% of my HIDs. Spend the money on the HID kit $115 plus shipping on eBay - there is no comparison!
15-30 min installation and that's just removing the storage box and mounting the ballasts - they plug directly into the existing connections.

By the way how is your recovery going ?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

$115 ouch, have some other goodies I rather throw that money out. I'd thought I could get off easy with just a small upgrade for $24 of whiter/brighter bulbs. Is that not the case?

MJ, things with the recovery are slowly moving. Some days good some days not so good! thanks for asking my friend!

R'

Old 07-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the $24 xenon polaris bulbs and I think they are definitely an improvement over the stock bulbs. The bulbs themselves are blue and give off a pure white light.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

The HID's are well worth the money. I had first added a set of PIAA's before my HID's and I can honestly say the PIAA's where a waste of $$$, their only function now is aesthetics.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I just ordered me a set of these Xenon blue bulbs from breezelawngarden.
(Illinois, Polaris, Shindaiwa, Snapper, Stihl, ATV, lawn mower, utility vehicle, tractor, power equipment, dealer, Breese Lawn & Garden)

However, I received any notification on how long it will take to get the shipment, no tracking info. Anyone order from them before?

Thanks,

R'

Old 08-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have ordered from them before. I recieved a tracking number the next day and my shipment in 2 day's. They are close to me though as I live in Michigan. Those bulbs are definitly brighter as well. I had them on my 07 800. Not a HUGE improvment but definitly improvemen

It was from their e-bay store I made a purchase.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bulbs

I've ordered from Breese before and they have always been really good to deal with.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I called breezelawngarden today and spoke to some nice folks on the phone who ACTUALLY returned my phone call. Unheard of with most businesses today! Anyways my Xenon bulbs should be sent to me by Friday or Monday at the latest. There was a computer problem with their web site.

Cheers,

R'

Quick Reply: Xeon bulbs