Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.
View Poll Results: are polaris atvs know for unreliability ?
yes
42.86%
no
57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

help me show those hondas!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool help me show those hondas!

so this is my first fourwheeler i ever bought , its a 2003 polaris trailblazer 400 w/ extras , im constantly gettin crap about buying a polaris because of there reliability issues .i dont care because i got a outstanding deal and could whip the pants off most of these guys talkin the crap! if i could get it back to tip top shape that is lol , ran really strong when i got it , who knows maybe the rumurs are right but i got big plans for this puppy once i get all the bugs worked out, heard alot of good things about these polaris 400 2 strokes and i believe i got a decent head start if i could just tune the parts that came with it lol . i guess im just lookin for some encouragement as i run into problem after problem building my honda eater!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

it all started when i blew the magneto and stator to pieces somehow the first time in the pits ! replaced them both which was costly and not exactly a easy job for someone thats never worked on or even owned a fourwheeler untill now .what a stupid fragile setup ! but i did it after alot of help from reading this forum ,thanks guys !even went a step further and installed new crank bearings and seals to hopefully prevent that from happening again and put all new gaskets all over the motor. i feel pretty lucky that i tested 125 psi out of this stock topend considering the abuse its probably seen. so anyways problem with the spark is solved ! unfortunaly a equally annoying problem started happining . after maybe 20 mins of taking it easy on the trail she starts running strange . no torque at low speed and eventually wont even get out of its own way . under further investigation i witnessed my clutch belt slipping and it is severely loose at idle .it appears fairly worn and missing about 1/ 16th inch off its width . is that really enough to cause the slack or should i check the secondary? btw i cleaned the carb, took out the hotseat ignition and the clutch kit that came with the wheeler and put the stock spring and weights back in.( felt like clutch engagement rpm was a little to high) . is it ok to keep running the dg pipe and boyeson reeds with a stock carb/ jet setup and stock clutch?should i put the hotter ignition back?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Pro Rider

from what i hear if you wanna do it right, rittercycle.com and put the right aftermarket parts on it, i got a 96 400 sp 2 stroke with 5k miles on it and the top end was done once its never let me down on the trail of course i have had to fix alot of things on it but it does get ridden hard. I dont care what brand it is look in the forums they all have there fair share of problems.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

That is true, every brand will have it's hiccups. The early model Polaris did get a bad rap as unreliable. But I don't see the point in bashing another brand, we all ride and we all enjoy the same things...who cares if you don't like the same color I do. I think a lot of the hatred for Polaris came from the fact that it was different than the other machines.

Look at Kymco, they have proved that they can make a decent machine that will last, but they still get no respect.