Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Drop basket for hunting

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop basket for hunting

Anyone used or have this product for utility or hunting needs on their Sportsman?
(Pic shows our Sportsmans, lol) Want to know if any good or not, I have some work to do in
two weeks and think this may be a good thing to have. Thanks!

Ref:
Atv, Racks Bags, Atv Rear Drop Basket, By Guide Gear at Sportsman's Guide

R'

Old 09-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Anyone, anyone?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have this one on my 02 Sportsman... Very handy and functional... Remove it when I don't need it since it is a little bulky... But a good robust product, for a little more money..

Collapsible Rear Drop Rack

tj

Old 09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Kolpin drop basket with the drop gate, pretty much the same thing as in the link. It comes in handy. I always have something in mine, chain, straps, 5 gal buckets with hammers, nails, twine. I load it up when it comes time to build deer stands.

I have a bag mounted to each end on the inside, good spot for the extra belt, tire pump, ****** blocks, tools, etc. If I need the space the bags take up in the basket, they flip right over and hang on the outside. For ice fishing, minnow bucket, heater, 10 lb. propane. I use the drop gate as a table when grilling on the ice.

I leave it on year round, the space is nice to have.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Anyone, anyone?
Looks like a great thing to have. The extended rack will likely have a lot of force on it, since it hangs off the back so far. Have to keep that chainsaw lashed down good, or it will go flying. The base should have some kind of soft material to protect stuff.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TJ400
I have this one on my 02 Sportsman... Very handy and functional... Remove it when I don't need it since it is a little bulky... But a good robust product, for a little more money..

Collapsible Rear Drop Rack

tj
this one is great!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Range Rover

R - you'll be tempting fate if you go up any hills with a load in the basket, you don't want another spill do you?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MickJP
R - you'll be tempting fate if you go up any hills with a load in the basket, you don't want another spill do you?
That's what I was thinking lol

Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

You guys are brutal! Ole R' won't be going up black marked trails with steep rutted hills carrying a basket for sure! This is just for my hunting property (all flat)..lol..lol I got some stands to move around, corn feeders to setup, maintenance on some other stands, clearing brush etc etc. and the list goes on. I need my 5 gal buckets for tools, screws, nails etc.

Cheers,

R'

Old 09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

'R,

I looked at these every time I go into Cabelas. It would work so great for me because we pack up our wheelers with 4 days worth of "everything" when we go hunting at our cabin. ATV is usually the only way in because it is so wet and rutted from other people on the road. My Honda 2000 Generator would fit on it perfectly, along with my sleeping bag and clothes bag, etc.. Same for when we are just going up for the weekend. The biggest problem I see is the basket filling up with mud or getting very dusty being right behind the wheels. I'm sure that could be fixed though.

For doing small work in tight areas it would work great, but I think I am going to have a small trailer myself with a shield for mud and dust. Be nice for hauling game out also.

Quick Reply: Drop basket for hunting