Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Future XP's

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any changes to stock tires? Exhaust? For them to include back the front storage?

Regards,

R'

Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

850 x2 ???

Old 09-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

[QUOTE=HIGHOCTANE;2847301]I doubt you will ever see a high to low on the fly....that would require a TQ converter or some similar type clutching. Also even if it were feasible you could only switch from high to low at very very low speeds to prevent flying over the bars or over revving the engine. Not to mention it would be hell on the belt,clutchees and diveline parts. If it were feasible 4x4 trucks would have it by now.

I should have phrased it better. What I meant about on the fly.....is not coming to a complete stop before shifting into low whether it be 1 or 2 mph plus. Just seems goofy sometimes to come to a complete dead pan stop before being able to shift...but I can live with it! Sounds expensive too. No comments on turf mode for the XP anyone? It does make a difference on hard surfaces when turning tight.....and it don't tear up the grass. To go riding from my house to the farm fields and the Salinas River, I have to use county asphalt roads and turf mode does make a difference to me. If I bought an XP I would sure miss the turf mode.......And another big Yes vote for an 850 X2!....with EPS too. HO...does your new ride have a turf mode like the X2?.........Cheers to all.....NoJoke

Old 09-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider

You guys beat me to the punch.

I think that the air adjustable shocks and the compressor on the Outlander would be something Polaris should definitely steal. It would be really nice to change the valving or even ride height on your ATV on the fly to compensate for heavy loads, a passenger or a snowplow or even for different terrain.

I also think the un-lockable rear differential is something that should be available on all sportsmans not just the 2-up models.

A competitor to the Renegade would be a smart move as would either the 850 engine or a 1000cc powerplant in the razr.

Oh and I'm with you on a gated shifter too. The shifter on the sportsman looks out of place.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Pro Rider

All great idea's! An X-2 with good tires, gated shifter, air adj. shocks and EPS would be just about enough for me to get another one! Might even have to add a set of tracks for it!
An 850 + motor would be great in the RZR/Ranger line up also!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by rancher55
All great idea's! An X-2 with good tires, gated shifter, air adj. shocks and EPS would be just about enough for me to get another one! Might even have to add a set of tracks for it!
An 850 + motor would be great in the RZR/Ranger line up also!
Beat me to it. I want an XP version of the X2 with the 850 and power steering. The gated shifter would be nice. I was playing around with a Brute that has the gated shifter. Very nice and easier to move than mine.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I agree about the brute shifter. Probably the best one on the market, IMO.

I would be just as happy if they would stay more on the mechanical side and not put little ceiling fan engines on everything that moves. For people that keep their machine for more than 1 or 2 years, this stuff usually breaks or fails. Can you imagine the abuse the EPS unit takes from the vibrations and jolts. It just won't last.
The air ride...boy, I don't know. Just sounds like expensive hoses that can be ripped off and a very expensive super small air compressor that will fail. Anyone that uses small air compressors knows that they don't last at all.
People were worried about steel brake lines on the polaris XP, and a small hole where the oil filter sets. Imagine what would be exposed with all this. Plus the added weight.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by NoJoke

HO...does your new ride have a turf mode like the X2?

Nope..

Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Range Rover
Maybe you could have your wife talk to my wife?

Originally Posted by Roofer
I agree about the brute shifter. Probably the best one on the market, IMO.

The air ride...boy, I don't know. Just sounds like expensive hoses that can be ripped off and a very expensive super small air compressor that will fail. Anyone that uses small air compressors knows that they don't last at all.
I agree that keeping things simple is the way to go. However, regarding an air compressor, I have an ARB compressor that I used on my Jeep's lockers for years and it ran forever in some very tough conditions so it can be done. Which reminds me, I still have that thing in the corner of the garage.....hmmm where to mount it! I had completely forgotten about it until now.

Cheers,
cc

Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see factory standard HID lights.

Quick Reply: Future XP's