Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plains, trains and ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plains, trains and ATV's

Not sure about you all but when I watch shows like FISHER'S Outdoor World and now Destination Polaris I'm overtaken by these exotic trail systems all over the US. With lots of coverage on Alaska, the dunes and places that just seem like a pipe dream where you can take a family and have the awesome get away vacation with awesome ATV trails.

Is this stuff fantasy land or what? So then how could I get my ATV out there on the West coast to try one of those trail systems? Aint NO way I gonna trail it from the East coast on a cargo trailer..lol..lol..Do you rent them abroad? Or I hear you can take your own car by train places (yes there is a cost) nowdays, was thinking why not your ATV? Then rent a pickup or Rental truck or something and hit those trails. You could go North, South, Midwest or West coast, etc. But for some reason I think I am in fantasy land!

Thoughts?

R'

Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

R,

There are companies that specialize in shipping ATVs for people for exactly what you're talking about. I believe there's an article off the home page of this site I read a few months ago. Know what you mean about the awesome riding that always seems out of reach....was the same for me when I owned a sled.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

This would make life interesting going from east to northwest trailering ATV then going on rides in each state wouldn't it? Or look at it like this people trailer there Harley's to south dakota and back just because they can.I look at it like this I would like to get a lot of seat time in each state if I could see what it is like to ride where you all do in your state now that would be a trip for sure.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

all it takes is MONEY lol. most of the places out there would rent you atv's i'm sure and guessing it would be alot cheaper as well then to haul them from the east coast. i've seen on fishers shows where he stays the places do rent atv's in some of the big areas.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Originally Posted by stendori
all it takes is MONEY lol. most of the places out there would rent you atv's i'm sure and guessing it would be alot cheaper as well then to haul them from the east coast. i've seen on fishers shows where he stays the places do rent atv's in some of the big areas.
And now do we all know why a ATV or Sled costs over $10K? WE pay for those guys to go have fun, while we drool over the pic's and 8x10 glossy's!!!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
So then how could I get my ATV out there on the West coast to try one of those trail systems? Aint NO way I gonna trail it from the East coast on a cargo trailer..lol..lol.

Thoughts?

R'
I would much rather haul mine to where I was going. Even if I needed to rent an enclosed trailer! I would have MY bike and gear and be able stop and eat/sleep where I wanted to and have a more flexible schedule.
It sounds like a lot of fun!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

I go west at least once a year, just got back from Colorado.
I trailer my toys out.

Take a few $$$$ and a couple weeks vacation and go for it.

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have rentails here in my area Ontario ,Canada.....

But the catch is they provide the guided tour with the rental also!!
So really you are just following the leader of the pack all day.

It does let people try the sport before buying one and also lets companies take there workers out for a day of fun,Snowmobiling or ATV'ing.
We are really lucky in our area here lots of trails within a 2-hour tow/drive.
.....Caper.......

Old 10-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Hey CAPER where do we find these great employers? I will send them my resume, lol..lol

R'

Old 10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

Saw the Bighorn Mountains episode of Fishers. Went on vacation to Wyoming and rented from the business they featured on that episode. One day rental for a 2-up Can-Am cost nearly $300 after everything. Riding was great! The pocketbook is still gun shy after being robbed by the fine folks at the Passage. Lesson learned. Been there done that. Oh and after ATV and helmet rental, you get to buy your own gas...from them of course.

So, what's the moral of the story you ask? If you rent, you will pay.

Quick Reply: Plains, trains and ATV's