Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Let the deercamp fun begin!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best day of the year!

good luck to everyone, im heading up to waskish in the morning, hoping for a big one this year!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by switzomatic
The small ones make for a good camp deer. Not a lot of meat, but good eating. One of the kids usually plugs one since they're so excited to shoot a deer. Don't see many monster bucks on our land but I've bagged some really big does. I'm more concerned about meat in the freezer instead of a rack on the wall. Besides, I bagged enough "bucks" in Iraq:-)

Hey Roofer, where do you hunt at? Our camp is by Nickerson. Nice area and we're really secluded. Great place to be with friends and drink enough beer to make up for being dry most of the year!
We have 200 acres and two cabins on the South end of the Nemadji that butts up to County land and the Forest. My family owns 80 and one cabin, and we hunt along with the guys on the other 120. Been there for about 15 years now. About 3 miles north and east of Duxbury or straight east 13 miles from Askov. We used to hunt on the East side before that at a old town called Belden.

There are big bucks around....just have to wait for them. Been 8 years since my last one which was 240 dressed 8 pointer.....but yes, mostly does around.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I am going down to the property next day after Thanksgiving. I put my feeders in early October. Doe or buck deer still tastes the same!

Just remember one thing "Don't let any deer give ya any attitude!"

R'

Old 11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Nothing so far here, really quiet as the weather is playing games with us, 60 degrees out on Saturday, and Rain today

Old 11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The weekend was pretty much a bust. My bro shot a big doe just before dusk yesterday that ended up croaking in a beaver pond. Had loads of fun helping him with that-NOT! Got her back and hung up. Weather was a pretty key factor-way too warm. They really need to have the seson start a week later. No one was getting much of anything around us either. Didn't help that three of the other guys brought their kids along. I don't mind teaching the younger one's to hunt but they can't stay in the stands and would rather buzz around on wheelers or make noise outside. Had a buck coming in early this morning and that all ended when they came out of the cabin making all kinds of noise and slamming the door a few dozen times. Then hopped on their wheelers to head to their stands which they only sat in for @ an hour(after getting up late and heading out after sunrise). Anyway, I got royally ticked so I gathered all my stuff from the stand and headed in to make breakfast and pack to go home. They came back to eat and asked why I was back already so I really laid into them(adults and all), threw my stuff on the trailer, and headed to my truck. Even my bro was coming into leave as I was pulling out with my truck and he sits out even more than I do so he'd had enough too. We've been talking about going in on some hunting land and having our own place. Might have to lock that in before next season. Hope everyone else had better luck!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

The weekend was pretty much a bust. My bro shot a big doe just before dusk yesterday that ended up croaking in a beaver pond. Had loads of fun helping him with that-NOT! Got her back and hung up. Weather was a pretty key factor-way too warm. They really need to have the seson start a week later. No one was getting much of anything around us either. Didn't help that three of the other guys brought their kids along. I don't mind teaching the younger one's to hunt but they can't stay in the stands and would rather buzz around on wheelers or make noise outside. Had a buck coming in early this morning and that all ended when they came out of the cabin making all kinds of noise and slamming the door a few dozen times. Then hopped on their wheelers to head to their stands which they only sat in for @ an hour(after getting up late and heading out after sunrise). Anyway, I got royally ticked so I gathered all my stuff from the stand and headed in to make breakfast and pack to go home. They came back to eat and asked why I was back already so I really laid into them(adults and all), threw my stuff on the trailer, and headed to my truck. Even my bro was coming into leave as I was pulling out with my truck and he sits out even more than I do so he'd had enough too. We've been talking about going in on some hunting land and having our own place. Might have to lock that in before next season. Hope everyone else had better luck!
Having land with others never works it seems. We ended up going through the same issues. Got our own now. I dont think little kids should be out on opener when others are around that want to hunt harder. We ended up with 2 deer, but we stay in the stands all day. Didnt have to listen to others near by I guess, hard to hear people close when you are trying to be make as little noise as possible.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

This is the small Mule deer my son gat on Sunday, and it was hot here in AZ, it was pushing 90 on Saturday and close to 75 when he shot this one.

Phil

Attached Thumbnails Let the deercamp fun begin!-vincent-deer.jpg  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Saw a few little ones myself, but trying to save them till next year. One was a nice looking deer, but only a fork horn.

If you want a new place to hunt, we have room. My buds that usually go, quit coming and sold their wheelers (kinda wimpin out on me). You need a wheeler to get there. I'll give you a tour when we go for the ride I promised you guys when the snow flies after season, and you can bring your tracks. The land just South of us is for sale every few years also. 100 acres and a cabin.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Plan to sight in my rifle tomorrow and then hit the property thanksgiving opening weekend. (Hernia permitting)

Regards,

R