Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

best clutch kit for 2001 scrambler 500 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best clutch kit for 2001 scrambler 500 ?

Hi

as a sled guy, I know the potential of a well tuned CVT. I know veey well the TRA clutch from ski-doo and used to do my own custom setup. I've driven my scrambler for a few minutes only, and know that it can be much more responsive with a different clutch setup. What you guys suggest ?

Old 11-26-2009, 07:42 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I would call these guys. Aaen Performance - Polaris ATV 500

Old 11-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found in most cases clutch "kits" are a waste.You can only get what YOU want out of your machine with a custom clutch set up. If you tell me what your riding style and Terran you ride in I will set you up.What I recommend to folks are set ups I have actually used or tried at one time or another.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by ftwflh
I have found in most cases clutch "kits" are a waste.You can only get what YOU want out of your machine with a custom clutch set up. If you tell me what your riding style and Terran you ride in I will set you up.What I recommend to folks are set ups I have actually used or tried at one time or another.

I agree with you. I've played with springs, weight ramps, helix, etc but never used a kit before. I'm used with TRA drive and driven pulley, wich is different from most of the others pulleys because the drive use fixed ramp. I've never played with mobile ramps. However, we had several old pulleys lying around to test different stuff and the only thing we purchaded are springs. Doing trial and error with new parts is more expensive than a kit

First, I need to ride it for a few hours, wich should be done this week-end (i don't have it yet, i'm taking it home tomorrow or the day after), in order to pinpoint what is not perfect. While shopping, I tried one that seemed to have higher engagement, and definately seemed more alive. Don't forget that I'm used to sled wich engaged at 4500 and going to 8000 instantly. 4 strokes might work well with more load

Old 11-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Here is a good set up a Dalton black/white primary spring,10MB weights and a Aaen blue secondary.You dont want a real high engagment with a 4stroke you loose too much of your low end power

Old 11-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer
Old 11-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Quad Patrol

Rick Ritter carrys the Dalton springs.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Trailblazer

Drivepower.ca carry the dalton springs, but not AAEN.

my local dealer as TEAM clutch stuff

Is there any Dalton/TEAM/OEM secondary springs that would be similar to the AAEN blue ?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Quad Patrol

you want to drop some $$$$$ go with a team Roller secondary set up light like it would be for 400 2stroke.Polaris yellow primary and 10AL weights.this is what I run and it rocks in the mid range pulls good on bottom and doesnt lack much on top..............who rides a Scrambler on topend anyway

Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

In fact, i'm on a budget, and this is why i'm looking to purchase everything in the same place, and preferably in a canadian store

if there is no equivalent to the AAEN blue secondary spring, is there an AAEN drive springs that is similar to the Dalton black/white ?

Quick Reply: best clutch kit for 2001 scrambler 500 ?