Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Outlaw 525 Owners! Lets hear your 2 cents?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyman142000
One thing that I was worried about when I first got it was will I have to be shifting all the time while out on the trails. Now that I have had it out, I notice that I'm normally in 3 or 4th gear depending on the trail. Even so, I rarely have to shift. The 525 motor has so much torque that I can normally leave it in one gear and not have to shift at all. Also, all reading that I have done on the Internet points this machine to be the fastest one out there...stock that is. I absolutely like it. If I could change anything, it would be getting some different color plastics. Other than that, no complaints! Also, be careful with the first 3 gears..stabbing the throttle will result in the front end coming up! She will still do it in 4th and 5th, just not as easily as the first three.
JFYI The fastest STOCK quad is the The Outlaw 525S followed by the KTM525XC then the Raptor700R. The Outlaw 525IRS is close but still behind the other three!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not a big sport rider (6'3" 250lbs doesn't do well on most sport rides) but I did get a chance to test ride one of the original three outlaw prototypes. Yes it had the fuji motor and the predator tranny which was less than perfect, but the ride was undeniably great. IRS is really neat on a trail quad, and it was unlike anything I've been on, before or since.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

whats the maintenance schedule on the 525? is it a high maint machine like the 450's with a slipper piston, or is it a rugged beater like the 400ex and raptor 700??

Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

all ican say about my 08 525s is that it is way sick and insane!!!!!!!1what more could i ask 4?except prayer that i don't kill myself<hum'm>i won't have bought it if i wasn't capable of handling it......i bought mine for 5000.00 new and payed 4000.00 for our raptor 08 350

Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

Sounds like a great price! I own one and definitely love it. Only problem I have is that mine keeps backfiring and the dealership has not been able to fix it. I'm gonna try and fix it myself though.
Guys on a site full of Outlaw owners say that the when you buy one to invest in a jet kit because they are jetted way too lean from the factory causing the backfiring.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a great price! I own one and definitely love it. Only problem I have is that mine keeps backfiring and the dealership has not been able to fix it. I'm gonna try and fix it myself though.
YOUR BACKFIRE IS CAUSED BY THE HEAD PIPE NOT SEALING PROPERLY ON THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD. Remove exhaust pipe and trim off about a quarter of an inch from the head pipes where it pushes on to the exhaust manifold. the headpipe hits the exhaust spring tabs before it has a chance to seal allowing a lean condition. hence the backfire. also after trimming the pipe, apply a little rtv on inside of headpipe before sliding it back on the ex manifold. I have repaired several of the 525's using this method. make sure you trim it from the exhaust pipe and not the manifold attached to the cylinder head. good luck. If you really want to make the 525 rock, there is a product from a company called SCARYFAST. THE PRODUCT IS CALLED A POWERNOW VALVE, it goes on the airbox side of the carb. if you think it had low end torque before, you haven't seen nothing yet!, to compliment that they also have an accelerator pump cover that also gives a little extra squirt of fuel upon acceleration. with both of these, this machine is untouchable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by scrambler400enoge
Guys on a site full of Outlaw owners say that the when you buy one to invest in a jet kit because they are jetted way too lean from the factory causing the backfiring.
I tried to rejet my first one and it still backfired, it only stopped after trimming the head pipe a quarter of an inch.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

I took it back to the dealership that I bought it from. They trimmed it down and put heavier springs on it. Still backfires. But I'm going to try and mess with it myself. I wasn't very happy with the dealership and their mechanics. It is definitely better than it was when I first got it though.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

Ok question is Outlaw IRS or Honda 700xx. I'm looking at both of these bikes. Trail machine only, lots of low end chugging with occasional bursts of throttle. I mostly ride tight trails with some mud and water crossings. So sound off and let me know what you guys think.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by voodoo574
Ok question is Outlaw IRS or Honda 700xx. I'm looking at both of these bikes. Trail machine only, lots of low end chugging with occasional bursts of throttle. I mostly ride tight trails with some mud and water crossings. So sound off and let me know what you guys think.
That depends do want just a fast bike or one that is going to last a lifetime (Just a Joke) I would go with the 700XX only because there is allot more potential there for mods!

Quick Reply: Outlaw 525 Owners! Lets hear your 2 cents?