Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trading up to the new XP's (What we all want to know)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05twin700
my dealer is offering me $9244 for an '10 850 eps black. +va sales tax and $10 dmv fee. puts it at $9716.20. this would be the third atv in 4yrs from him. i just dont think this is much of a deal. what do you guys think?
Don't look for too many "deals" on a 2010. $9244 is a real good price. Think they're offering 5.9%. No rebates. I got a free winch with mine.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

The lock and ride rear box off your 800 will work on the 850 I have used my brothers off his 800 until I got one of my own.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

GREAT INFO guys!

Well I rolled the dice to see what kind of responses I would get on this thread and WOW!

I'd figured all this info. was spread acrossed past multiple threads and its nice to see it all gathered here, cool!!

My sentiments exactly more $$$ down the drain if I were to trade. One thing I found out from the wife's private bike sell is how much of a PITA it is to sell these things. But just gathering all the facts now. Not too encouraging on the outstanding issues with ball joints and thats serious! May wait it out a little! One thing is for sure is it doesn't seem like these VERY high prices are dropping any? Is that a sign that Polaris gambled in a right way with record sells on these things? If they drop prices in the future I would hate to see less features (I.E Working lights) taken away or more plastic parts.

Bummer on the Stealth colors and 12" wheel chuck but good to know on the rear cargo box!

Regards,

R'

Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was told by the dealer yesterday that the G2 will NOT fit from the old body (non-XP) to the new body.(XP)

He said the the plow angle mount is a different part#.

(I was researching to see if I bought a XP and ATV mounting plate would the rest of my plow just click into place so I could use it on either ATV. The dealer said no.)

Old 12-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea the plow system thing would NOT be the single deal breaker for me but its more of all of it combined. And I am sure I am not alone in saying that. When I traded up my SP450 on the SP800 a few years ago, my dealer awesome as he is with pricing/customer service would NOT give me any credit for all my extras (Brushguard,Rear bumper, Rack extenders, winch etc.). So at that time I was NOT going to throw my money away I took it all off and put it on my SP800 and GLAD I did!

If anyone is ballsy enough maybe someone could start a thread "Reasons for not going XP", lol... j/k...Great thread by the way, you all rock!

Cheers,

R'

Old 12-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Rubidude
Don't look for too many "deals" on a 2010. $9244 is a real good price. Think they're offering 5.9%. No rebates. I got a free winch with mine.
One of the dealers in S. Maine that has good prices has the 2010s listed for $9899. That sounds almost hard to believe. I'd jump on that if they'll honor it.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
DCT
Banned

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Not too encouraging on the outstanding issues with ball joints and thats serious! May wait it out a little!
Good idea Rick.

Have you you taken a 550 for a ride? I don't think you'll be happy going from an 800 to a 550. Plus, the vibration and the high idle speed (to try and cover up the vibration) just annoys the heck out of me. I'd never be content with it. Probably won't hurt a thing... but it would drive me crazy. The 850 is as smooth as silk.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Yea the plow system thing would NOT be the single deal breaker for me but its more of all of it combined. And I am sure I am not alone in saying that. When I traded up my SP450 on the SP800 a few years ago, my dealer awesome as he is with pricing/customer service would NOT give me any credit for all my extras (Brushguard,Rear bumper, Rack extenders, winch etc.). So at that time I was NOT going to throw my money away I took it all off and put it on my SP800 and GLAD I did!

If anyone is ballsy enough maybe someone could start a thread "Reasons for not going XP", lol... j/k...Great thread by the way, you all rock!

Cheers,

R'
I understand someone not wanting to take a bath on their current machine to upgrade to one that may have issues...but really even with the XPs prospective issues(only 2 really,and now days really only one,the ball joints) it is in a whole different class of machine than the old Sportsmans,and today given the choice between the 2 machines I would choose the XP without hesitation..
I really just wish Polaris would man up and put the ball joint issue to rest in a way that would regain the confidence of Polaris fans...it really is a fine machine....oh and I wish they would re-design the Touring and give it more than a seconds thought...oh and make an 850XP EPS X2...lol...ok I'm done with my Christmas list.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

No, I haven't ridden either the 550 or the 850XP. Like HO said, I am well insure "when" I do I will be hooked, lol..lol

Yea and you all are right, what models out there has never had some type of issue? If addressed by the dealer or easy fix then we should be reassured I guess?

Regards,

R'

Old 12-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

I just got the 850 yesterday. was only able to put maybe 30mins of ride time on it, but it is bad*ss. i came from an 08 800ho and there is no comparison.

im not going to thread jack you to much, so im going to start another thread with some pics, but if you can do it without losing your shirt on your 800, the XP so far put smiles ear to ear on me, and two of my friends who also had 800's.

Quick Reply: Trading up to the new XP's (What we all want to know)