Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Snow plow for a 2010 850XP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow plow for a 2010 850XP?

Has anyone put one on a 2010 yet? The only manufacturer that I can get to verify a part number on a mount is the Polaris Glacier 2. Warn hasn't got a '10 to work with yet. Moose says they can't verify it yet. That means Cycle Country can't either since they make the Moose apparently. Curious how the Moose Rapid Mount is so similar to the Glacier 2. I wonder who really makes what for who. Anyway, the frame didn't change any from '09 XP to '10, did it? Shouldn't the part numbers for the '09's work on the '10's?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Should be no different. Moose has the tried and true plate setup that just bolts to the underside of the frame about mid way back. It's a HD plate that the push tubes pin into...then the plow connects to the tubes via another plate setup that allows the plow to swivel left and right. It's not very sexy, but it works and it's strong.

The thing about XPs and Moose gear is that the winch is so low that the angle of attack to lift the plow is very shallow.....which puts a lot more stress on the winch rope and winch. You have to be careful or you'll snap the cable. The Glacier Plow has a much better lift setup, and overall design.....Only problem is the angling plate has these weak a$$ notches that literally break off. Maybe they fixed that for '10. You should ask your dealer about how many Glacier II plows came back due to broken notches on the swivel plate. Again, not sure if it's still a problem.

As mentioned in the past, I folded my Moose plow in half last year. Not the plows fault though. Just being stupid and too rough on the gear. Dealer is giving me a smokin' deal on a new County plow from Moose.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well, most dealers aren't going to admit their product has "issues". They usually haven't heard about any complaints or problems, and will only fess up to warranty or recall related problems.

I had a Moose mid mount on my last wheeler. I sold it with the ATV though. Very sturdy plow blade, and worked great but I want a front mount. It really is a pain laying on the ground trying to line up the pins.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:52 PM
DCT
Banned

Originally Posted by Rubidude
I had a Moose mid mount on my last wheeler. I sold it with the ATV though. Very sturdy plow blade, and worked great but I want a front mount. It really is a pain laying on the ground trying to line up the pins.
Check out the new Eagle Gen II Front Mount plow system. You can give them a call or email and ask them if it will work on the 2010 XP.

American Manufacturing - Home

ATV Gen II Front Plow Mount for Polaris 2009 XP550 & 850

Old 12-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by DCT
Check out the new Eagle Gen II Front Mount plow system. You can give them a call or email and ask them if it will work on the 2010 XP.

American Manufacturing - Home

ATV Gen II Front Plow Mount for Polaris 2009 XP550 & 850
Didn't know about that. Thanks for the links. It looks very nice. I think I may try that mount with my Eagle plow and 850 when I get some extra cash.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Rubidude
It really is a pain laying on the ground trying to line up the pins.
What a PITA that is!

I'm going to check out DCTs link.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:11 PM
DCT
Banned

Originally Posted by Roofer
Didn't know about that. Thanks for the links. It looks very nice. I think I may try that mount with my Eagle plow and 850 when I get some extra cash.
No problem. I didn't know about them either. One of the guys we ride with works on Polaris ATV's. He gave me a shout when he installed one on an 09' XP. The mount and push tube looked rugged. Has the same latch pin connect that the mid mount Eagle has, so it should be pretty sturdy. It sure was easy to connect and disconnect.

Trending Topics

Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

In the catalog they even show a new push tube for the genII that works with tracks. Very nice.

If it's as good as their plows, this GenII Eagle will be hard to beat.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:31 PM
DCT
Banned

I agree.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

In the catalog they even show a new push tube for the genII that works with tracks. Very nice.

Unfortunately, they don't show anything for the 2010 either.

Quick Reply: Snow plow for a 2010 850XP?