Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plow tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 EFI V-Plow

Jester,

I sold my 700 EFI Sportsman last month, but the guy didn't want the V-Plow with it. If you're interested let me know, Its not doing me any good sitting in the garage. I have the mount and all hardware. I used it for 3 years and it worked fine. btw - I bought it at Cheaseape Cycles. I think my profile settings will allow you to email me back.

All sorry to spam you all this in the thread, but couldn't find the PM button to send directly to Jester.

Kevin

Originally Posted by JesterUSCG
So jealous bro... The wife and I talked about buying a plow and basically she talked me out of it..... Cause in her words, "it never snows in MD".

I had her help me shovel all day long...

I'll be ordering a plow set on Monday.

Did you get the Polaris brand? If so, how do you like it?

Old 12-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Ahhh you had to say "Chesapeake Cycles" and even on my thread to boot! Not advocating censorship abiding FORUM rules but man I do NOT like that business! Don't tell me they probably charged ya $800 for your plow right? -- My rant for the day..lol

Okay great info. still need to get out there and look at those feet settings!

Jester yea go get a plow. My reasoning that I came to is that I could get a snow blower etc. but then its another piece of equipment that I need to maintain service and store whereas with a ATV plow you get the snow benefit, dirt, gravel etc. and more times then not will be out goofing off on your ATV in the snow so why not plow and could even make some mola. I feel bad I promised my neighbor I would plow his driveway and my lazy butt never made it out yesterday, lol...lol

Cheers,

R'

Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

RtickWard and Mdvctry...

Thanks fro the info.

Mdvctry, send me some info on what ya've got and a price...

Hey RtickWard, send me an email on your Ches Cycles troubles if you would. I bought my ATV there and at first they were great (shocker right? they wanted my cash). Now when I go in there, its like a 50 50 split as to if they are douchey or not.

They really hate it when my son's 90 needs service (not happy with the 90 Outlaw).

Old 12-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Jester,

PM sent to ya! Yea I am NOT a fan of Chesapeake Cycles! Way over priced and their service sux! I say that from personal experience shame to say! Its disappointing I really hoped for a Polaris dealership that I could trust and would take care of me. But I find myself having to go to another state WVA to get the pricing and service and customer support I need.

Anyways, thats all on that, well I went out to adjust the feet on the plow blade. Yea right! lol..lol Dang gone thing solid tight nuts on the feet bolt won't budge. Get tired of messing with it and aborted mission! Well after tomorrow hope most is melted anyways, we shall see, lol..lol

Thx,

R'

Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Glacier I Lock & Ride V-Plow

Jester, sending PM with details. RticKwad sorry again about the spam and that CC hasn't taken care of you. If you care to share, I would be interested to know what happened, as I have been looking at getting a 850 Touring from them. btw - Nice videos!

Kevin

Old 12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Hmmm not sure if I should take the bait KEVIN, lol...lol 1) But lets just say that I think having a dealership that wants your business and not guilting you b/c you went over state lines to buy. Gee this is America the last time I checked! I can buy anywhere even off the internet (And I do like we all do!)2) Poor service and from incompetent techs 3)Still waiting on my Plastic Cab stickers (long time waiting). 3) Took 6 weeks for all OEM repair service, total BS!

I'm gonna stop there, I tried to bury those experiences and move on. Hey whatever works for you if you are a fan and they treat you right with pricing, their products and service hey more power to ya! Thanks I need to get out there and make some more newer videos on some all day trail rides!

Regards,

R'

Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by noooooo
I too have noticed the different angles that the plow faces have. The city trucksaround here have theirs straight up and down. It looks like the farther back the more it would cut into the hardpack and roll the snow rather than push it to the side. I dont know though.
yes

exactly

Old 12-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Good to know thanks for all the tips guys!

R'

Old 12-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by noooooo
I too have noticed the different angles that the plow faces have. The city trucksaround here have theirs straight up and down. It looks like the farther back the more it would cut into the hardpack and roll the snow rather than push it to the side. I dont know though.

One of the problems w tilting the blade back is the snow gors over the plow or in your face. I had the same prob w it ot setting all the way down and set up a truck shock to keep force on the blade. welded two lil uprights on the base plate and made a bracket for the front of the bumper-grill-rack what ever you have and NOT A PROBLEM ANYMORE. I also live on a secondary street and afterit driven over i still get asphalt

Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

I added a piece of rubber belting to mine to keep the snow from coming over the top as bad. I did cut it down after plowing a bit. Trial and error you know!

Quick Reply: Plow tips