Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP front bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP front bumpers

Does any know of a reasonable front bumper for the XPs, aside from the Guru's or the Polaris brand? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something I can bash small trees and bushwhack in the woods with. The Guru's are too nice for this kind of thing. Some heavy duty, lightweight plastic would be the ticket....something I can abuse in the winter when running straight through the woods and snow. Plastic might shatter on impact though on a cold day.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

Just remember that the bumper is only as strong as the points it is mounted to! The upper mounting points are just into alum. tube framework. the lower mounting points though are to the main frame! much stronger.
Just be careful what you try to push on!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Range Rover

i just forund rathracing.com but they show pictures yet but the look sick

Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rr-john
i just forund rathracing.com but they show pictures yet but the look sick
I went to the site, but there was nothing listed for the XPs

Old 12-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
The Guru's are too nice for this kind of thing.
Too nice? I'd think they'd be perfect for that purpose. When I get my XP I'll be getting guru bumpers for the precise reason that I run in extremely thick brush and I'm constantly driving over small trees and through very heavy brush. That's what they're built for.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I didn't see anything listed either XP or older Sportsman 800. Catagory is there so maybe they intend to carry the products?

Regards,

R'

Old 12-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

The GURU bumpers are perfect for that IMO...I pushed down many small trees with mine..
I really like the fact that you can remove the thin stock "fangs" or just put the bumper on over them,either way they won't get damaged. And that the front Guru bolts to the actual frame at the bottom,6 mount vs 4 for the Polaris ones,instead of just to the alumunum radiator and rack suport structure..
Also the rear one has 4 mount points vs 2 for the polaris ones.

If anyone made anything plastic it would probably just flex into the front of the machine doing that kind of stuff anyway and if they were stiff enough not to flex they would likely just crack/break...

As mentioned above though the bumpers are only as strong as what they are mounted to..so with any of them I wouldn't be hitting anything too solid very hard as the four upper mounts are into an aluminum structure. At least the GURU's have the extra support at the bottom into the steel frame...and there shoulding be an issue pushing down small saplings...I just wouldn't be hitting them with any kind of speed and try to keep them centered as much as possible....jmo

Old 12-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer

Guru's all the way! You start looking at just the big trees....anything else is going down! I opted for the full expanded metal option to make sure no small limbs damage the radiator or headlights. More mounting points the better...trust me the gurus are heavy duty and built to withstand just about anything, the finish has held up great, although you can definitely tell I've been through the woods!
Name:  DSC05962.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  175.6 KB

Old 12-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

How's the install on this? From the pic it looks like it is not a difficult build.

Thanks

Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BRKCOP
How's the install on this? From the pic it looks like it is not a difficult build.

Thanks
Not hard at all...6 bolts for the front and 4 on the rear...they come with pretty good insructions.

Quick Reply: XP front bumpers