Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris questions

I am going to be buying a quad next month or 2 have have done some research but like to ask some questions on xp850 or grizzly 700. First question is trail riding.. How much higher is the seat compared against each other? Does it make any difference? Got 80 acres that i will be over seeing plus would like to do some trail riding too. Can you adjust ride heights on both machines?

also if anyone has any pointers let me know. Both are good machines and don't want any bashing just some legitimate concerns
thanks

Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

The XP is the most comfortable, best riding machine on the market. IMO

Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by dirtdizzy
I am going to be buying a quad next month or 2 have have done some research but like to ask some questions on xp850 or grizzly 700. First question is trail riding.. How much higher is the seat compared against each other? Does it make any difference? Got 80 acres that i will be over seeing plus would like to do some trail riding too. Can you adjust ride heights on both machines?

also if anyone has any pointers let me know. Both are good machines and don't want any bashing just some legitimate concerns
thanks

Go to the manufactuers websites and you can compare seat heights. You can't adjust them but you can raise or lower the handle bars some, this makes a big differance to fit the rider.
Both are good machines but the XP will do it all better than the Yammy.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

IMO. Both are great machines and will get nearly any job done with ease. I feel that the xp has one up on the yammy for overall ride comfort and handling but to each his own. And I also prefer the the all wheel drive system of the polaris over the yammy as well. Your best bet would be to test drive the models you are considering and go from there. It's the whole chevy vs. ford vs. dodge scenario. Each has it's strong and weak points.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

The Polaris will ride smoother, and is by far more stable do to its wider track widths. Seat hights on some mfg websites can be misleading, not all mfgs seem to measure from the same spots.LOL

Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Here is there specs side by side. The grizzly sits lower.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...2=143246&go=Go

Old 12-30-2009, 04:27 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a test ride on both bikes would be the best way to judge.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Pro Rider

Like I was saying, I would not put to much stock on claimed seat hight specs, I don't think all the mfgs measure them in the same way to the same points. I rember when the King Quads came out in 2005 and the spec indicated its seat hight was lower then the SRA Twin Peaks/Prarrie, we owned them both and the KQ was without a doubt a taller riding position.

I just sold my 09 KQ and bought another 850 XP, largely do to the very reasons I am mentioning here, seating positions was to high, stabilty was not near that of my 09' Sp850. The Grizz and KQ are extreamly similar in design and feel IMO.

But one thing is for sure, you do not here a lot about people having to buy wheel spacer to stablize the XP, like is typically recomended by many grizz owners to stableize the grizz.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

IMO, the Griz/KQ are the same as a Rincon. 700 class machine that should be in the 500 class. Very reliable, but that's about it. In every other department, there is something better out there.

Not sure if the suspension is adjustable on the Griz, but the XP is at all 4 corners.

Definitely go ride both before you make a decision and compare them side by side if you can.

Only saw one review where a forum member "Terb" liked his Griz better than his 850.

Congrats on the new XP CC1999!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

[QUOTE=Roofer;2879976]Not sure if the suspension is adjustable on the Griz, but the XP is at all 4 corners.QUOTE]

The griz is adjustable, my friend has his set at 1 click stiffer in the rear and 2 clicks up front.

anyways to the OP. i have ridden my buddy's 700 griz only a little but it is a good machine. the power steering is nice and i like the 4 wheel drive system and the front and rear brakes.

i have just bought an 850xp with eps and only have about 15 miles on it but so far it is a great machine. the suspension is soft and needs to be adjusted, but it is very smooth riding and the throttle is alot better than my previous 08 800ho.

things i dont like about the griz:
1. ape like handle bars
2. seat comfort, i felt like i was sitting at the very front of the seat almost on the plastic with the way the handle bars are.
3. crappy stock tires.

things i dont like about the 850:
1. suspension is way to soft.
2. went back to a 3 wheel brake system in 2010.
3. 14" wheels

the 850's eps does seem to be better than the griz's from what me and my buddy have noticed.

i think you would be happy with either machine. like everyone said, try to test both of them.

Quick Reply: polaris questions