Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ice Cooler for storage box

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:23 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I only use soft cooler bags for drinks, held buy bungie cores. Unless a hard cooler is packed full it will rattle everything around like dice in a Yahtzee can down the trail.

Old 01-11-2010 | 08:46 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

RM,

Yea please do, I designed my own horn with elec parts, auto parts, and fabed the mount. Also, I want to fab lock and ride fastners to my Kolpin Bucket carrier, it works great for Utility needs, holds lots of tools, tree/brush cutting tools, and I added my old bar rack type gun fins to it for shovels, bows, rifles, etc.

Ref:

R'

Old 01-11-2010 | 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I bought a big box from Walmart for around $30. It's black and has plastic hinges with a metal closure. It's been very good and I haven't seen any water inside even after a snow trip last week where we drove home in slush on the roadways. Measure your rack and see what will fit.
I walk past those every time I'm in the store. Always thought they would make a great atv box, was going to buy one but just don't need it for how I use my atv. They seem to be built well and a fraction of the cost of "name brand" box's.

Old 01-11-2010 | 10:09 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

rtickwad,

I finally got my pic's to upload into my forum album and added a few more. There will be more to come when I see a need for another project or one of my friends/or family concocks an idea for there quads and other stuff. I seem to be the guy who everybody runs to when they break there s#!t or want somthing built.

Old 01-12-2010 | 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

if its just for tools and u dont mind the tattle use some ammo boxes sold a army navy or e-bay..the are cheap just drill a few holes and silicone the holes u drilled and u got 10 bucks rapped up

Old 01-12-2010 | 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by readymixer169
I custom made my own front and rear boxes using 3/4 plywood,fiberglass for re-enforcement and coated them inside and out with hurculiner bedliner......
Pics ready? Sounds great.

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Good job RM! NIce job and good pics! I know what ya mean about people scouting ya out for when they need help. Any of those also not return phone calls, text msg. and emails. Ohh gee I know this guy you can do this that or the other, lets finally contact him.

Me - "Ohh sorry yea I really don't read my email anymore, don't do texting etc. too busy with work" -- TOUCHE'

lol

R'

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:27 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Wenty
I walk past those every time I'm in the store. Always thought they would make a great atv box, was going to buy one but just don't need it for how I use my atv. They seem to be built well and a fraction of the cost of "name brand" box's.
I still cant seem to find this so called black box at any walmart around here!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:28 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I bought a big box from Walmart for around $30. It's black and has plastic hinges with a metal closure. It's been very good and I haven't seen any water inside even after a snow trip last week where we drove home in slush on the roadways. Measure your rack and see what will fit.
Hey MooseHenden do you have any pics of this box???? You could post for us.......

Old 01-13-2010 | 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

The boxes at Walmart are made by Contico - they can be found in the automotive section. Here is a link:

Walmart.com: Contico Storage Locker: Storage & Organization

Quick Reply: Ice Cooler for storage box