Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Your PERFECT wheeler pinky bets

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good pt Chuck! There is always the opposite end of the spectrum as you clearly point out!

No money = no women...8-) (Well for some anyway, lol)

R'

Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

must be a few that still have jobs. iv been on unemployment for over a yr now. supose id have money if i could find a job. but then id keep it in the bank.... think i had more money when i was a kid. as i hid it then. i lived in a old house where it didnt have heat up stairs. but they had the vents that were in the floors to leave the heat up though the floors. well the room i had had one in the floor. the down stairs had a false celling. so in my room i hid it in the floor and the carpet hid it......

Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Want to hear something funny? I have a cousin who bought a SP700 when I bought my SP800 two years ago. He has been out of work shame to say and has been on unemployment like you and making his Polaris payments. He won't file bankruptcy b/c he doesn't want to lose the bike, thats how much he likes it and makes his life more miserable b/c of it. -- The irony's in life!

R'

Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

im lucky. i paid mine off on the spot with cash..... i use mine for plowing. so its sorta paying for it self. but if it dont snow. i sit and do noting cept look for a perm job. my wheeler will be the last thing to go. i WORKED way to long and hard to get it. just to sell it and get almost half if im lucky.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea thats how I feel about trading up! Its like I finally got everything for this ATV and all the work I put into it. Still more to do etc. but I would hate to start all over again. Eventhough its been burning me up to have EPS. Just wish things weren't so dang gone expensive. Can't see why it cost so much to add it to the Sportsmans and no one around is talking about aftermarket EPS. units at least not on this forum, its really become XP centric for Sportsman folks. Even a straight sell of mine loaded I I would still need to pay a 3k balance with my sell and if I do my math right for whereabouts I might get I will still have to finance a few K on a newer 550 (not even 850 at these prices) again I will have only the basic setup.

No winch, racks, front and rear cargo boxes, plow's, aftermarket tires, etc. etc.

Conclusion = Keep what I got and be happy with it till a time comes when I can afford a better one, a few more years at that, lol.

Regards,

R'

Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

yup i hear ya. i got mine stock. no add ons from the dealer. i added eveything my self(winch, hand/thumb warmers, reverse lights, auto backup lights, switches, rack exstender, plow, weed sprayer, summer and winter set of tires, wind shield, rotopax, warning lights, bumper, and a few other things here and there). iv tryed to sell my bumper and the rotopax for extra cash as its not really needed but i pretty well got it the way i want it. there may be a few things to add here and there but its all mine. paid off. it be nice to start over on modding a new wheeler. but with no job its hard to start over. and may as well keep it and use it. again i worked to hard to get it this far to sell it for peanuts and have to cough up the money to pay the differance for a new one. i can proudly say "i own it" not the bank. i kept my last wheeler for 8yrs.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz
be nice to start over on modding a new wheeler. but with no job its hard to start over.
Keep lookin' Chuck. You'll find something.....Sucks for sure.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
Keep lookin' Chuck. You'll find something.....Sucks for sure.
iv been looking. but for every job i look at theres atleast 500 other people looking at the same job. i hope sping brings something. then my unemployment runs out, and im then compleatly on my own.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Hang in there chuck. Sooner or later somthings got to give in this economy. I'm in a bad spot as well since construction has slowed to a snails pace. I'm laid off till april and going back to work I'll be lucky to see three days a week.(fingers crossed) I thank the good lord I was able to pay the house off 2 yrs. ago and the truck this summer or I'd be screwed sideways. Now all I got to worry about is keeping food in my kids mouths and the lights on and even thats getting tuff.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

yup. insted of watching my 6k wheeler sit in a stoarge unit. i use it to plow snow round here. this week i should bee good on work as its supose to snow 3"s tonight. that turns into $$$ for tuesday. then its supose to snow again on fri thats turns into $$$$ for sat. so when it snows its not to bad. but when it dont snow im twiddleing my thumbs. i also sell on ebay. but thats a hit and miss thing. so i sit on atv connection, plow site, or the polaris forum..... the only thing i hate is suprising things. like i need a trans for my truck. i hope it holds out for another 2 weeks. i did my taxes last week. just got my state refund, waiting on my fed now.

Quick Reply: Your PERFECT wheeler pinky bets