Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Finally completed!!! 1993 350L

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010 | 09:06 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Finally completed!!! 1993 350L

Well folks, I started on it a few months ago, and with all of your help and recommendations, I finally got my 1st of 2 1993 350L's completed. Now on to the second one. Let me know what you guys think of it. I only have one picture of it right now, but hope to have some action shots here soon. This one was wrecked bad when I got it. It was smashed all the way to the handle bars, no plastics, and no racks, etc, etc. But the initial price was right (FREE)

Attached Thumbnails Finally completed!!!  1993 350L-att00028.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010 | 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

Nice job! gotta love them 2 strokers

Old 02-21-2010 | 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Looks good! Hey...it's something to do during those cold winter months...Let us know how she rides...

biz

Old 02-22-2010 | 01:22 PM
|
Trailblazer

Rode it last night, I had forgotten just how much torque the 2 strokes had, especially out of the hole. I have already started working on the other one that I have. (got it running , now just cosmetics) Same model, same year. Building this one for the wife, so it will have to run faster and look better than mine But I look forward to her starting to ride with me. She archery and muzzle load hunts with me, now if I can just get her to 4 wheel with me, I will have it whiped.

Old 02-22-2010 | 05:39 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

not bad dude! If you need any parts for those let me know I am parting out a 96 400 Sportsman and a 425 Magnum and have lots of hard to find interchangable parts.If you need to know what will fit ask me

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks pretty sweet. Where did you get the body for it? I am in the middle of my winter project also, a 96 xplorer 300. It's mechanically sound now just doing cosmetics. Gotta love the low price of free!!!!

Old 02-24-2010 | 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

looks good. I always liked that body style...

Old 02-25-2010 | 07:26 AM
|
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by ftwflh
not bad dude! If you need any parts for those let me know I am parting out a 96 400 Sportsman and a 425 Magnum and have lots of hard to find interchangable parts.If you need to know what will fit ask me

Funny you ask that, I am looking for a few parts, I need the entire shift assembly from shift handle, cross piece that bolts to the frame, and shift linkage. Also trying to find 2 speedos. Both of mine are cracked, and would like to replace them. Also looking for good pull start assemblies. They are broke on both of them. Other than that, I think I am pretty good shape right now, but just starting on the second one. I know that I am going to have to put a seal kit in the second one. I just replaced the starter on the second one, and will never buy an aftermarket one again. put it in, and it sounds horrible. BTW, where is Crossville?

Old 02-25-2010 | 07:32 AM
|
Trailblazer
Smile

Originally Posted by huckleberry20
Looks pretty sweet. Where did you get the body for it? I am in the middle of my winter project also, a 96 xplorer 300. It's mechanically sound now just doing cosmetics. Gotta love the low price of free!!!!

I had the rear fenders, trunk, and gas tank cover, bought the front fenders and the rest of the plastics off of a few local guys. some off of a 300 air cooled that I had to modify a bit, painted and camo'd them. I am doing the other one that I have in the same exact pattern. Both the wife and I like to ride, and will have matching bikes. I will probably start on another one as soon as I am done with these two. I found out that I really like building these

Old 02-25-2010 | 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tw1st3d1
Funny you ask that, I am looking for a few parts, I need the entire shift assembly from shift handle, cross piece that bolts to the frame, and shift linkage. Also trying to find 2 speedos. Both of mine are cracked, and would like to replace them. Also looking for good pull start assemblies. They are broke on both of them. Other than that, I think I am pretty good shape right now, but just starting on the second one. I know that I am going to have to put a seal kit in the second one. I just replaced the starter on the second one, and will never buy an aftermarket one again. put it in, and it sounds horrible. BTW, where is Crossville?
I have a speedo from a 96 explorer if that will work. I think there was 3200 miles on it when I parted out the machine 35.00 shipped

Quick Reply: Finally completed!!! 1993 350L