Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Snow in West Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow in West Virginia

Anyone out there from WVA, who knows about how much snow is on the ground in Preston county area. We have a trip planned to our cabin in Rowlesburg and want to know if it's worth going next weekend.

Thank's for any info

Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about 40 miles north in Fayette County PA, just outside of Uniontown and we have about a foot on the ground right now. They are forecasting another round of snow beginning thursday night through friday, and are forecasting 3-6 and 6-12 depending of whether your in the mountain range or not. We were hit pretty bad 2 weeks ago with over 2 feet. Better make sure you have power and what not at the cabin and definately bring a snow shovel and chain saw. I work for the local cable company and got over 40 hours of overtime trying to get our main line and customer service lines back up and running. We had subcontractors in from all around and also brought in-house guys in from our Johnstown Altoona, and Cumberland systems. I would say it would be well worth the trip. Have Fun!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snow wva

Thank's Rowe, We don't mind the work of course, but we want to be able to ride also, that's the main reason we go. Don't mind shoveling and cutting tree's, we are not far from Cheat mountain. Thanks again

Old 02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

IM kinda in the north central part and we went out last weekend. some trails were barely passable with a foot or so of very wet snow, some were drifted over about 3 feet in areas.......uh we decided to go back and stay on the trails that had tracks

Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!
Smile

I have a camp in Bergoo area (Webster County) .Went riding two weeks ago and conditions were terrible..Rode 6-7 hours and only made 34 miles..Snow was very deep in spots and crusted..Have a trip planned for next weekend and are going to cancel it probalby..My brother lives down there and they are expecting 6-12 inches of snow tommorrow and heavy winds.They already have 14 inches on the ground.The problem is it's thawed and refrozen and the is the worst snow to try to ride in and very hard on the atv's..If you go have fun and be careful...

Old 02-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default deluxe 500

Heard we got a ton more snow over the last few days. Had contact, finally with neighbor and he said do not attempt to come up next weekend. He cannot believe snowfall amounts this year. Says he snowed in. Hope it not too bad for you.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Outback31
Heard we got a ton more snow over the last few days. Had contact, finally with neighbor and he said do not attempt to come up next weekend. He cannot believe snowfall amounts this year. Says he snowed in. Hope it not too bad for you.

Thanks

Rowe, thanks also you seem closer to where we are hope all is good

Old 02-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far, so good! Havent lost power yet, that's about all I can ask for. We usually get a good bit of snow throughout the winter but it is usually spread out. This storm here keeps putting it down on the ground. Now it's nothing compared to what some of the guys in the North get but for us it's a lot. I have been enjoying it with my new G2 at least I'm getting it broke in right. Good luck getting to camp, I cant wait to get back up to ours!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

yea i live up in the northern panhandle of west virginia. we got alot of snow and they say mores suppose to come... good thing is that we didn't get as much as the rest of the state. i heard the middle of the state got hammered with the snow and ice..

Old 03-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

Our camp is in the central part of the state..And yes this area got blasted..My brothers who live there have anywhere for 3-4 feet of snow.Bad news is it is susposed to rain later this week..Our area is very prone to flooding..The Elk river is noted for flooding in our area..

Quick Reply: Snow in West Virginia