Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wondering

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wondering

Was wondering if aftermarket exshast would void my warranty on my 2010 850 xp. And what would be my best selection just a slip on and what brand. Don't really want to have to use a optimiszer. Thx Scott

Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it would depnd on your dealer if he would warranty it or not or be a good guy and do it anyways. pretty much any thing you change on your bike for after market parts would void it if they went by the book i'm guessing. imo

Old 03-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by coppertop
Was wondering if aftermarket exshast would void my warranty on my 2010 850 xp. And what would be my best selection just a slip on and what brand. Don't really want to have to use a optimiszer. Thx Scott
Just wondering why you are looking the change it. You want it louder than it already is? Not sure it's worth a relatively small gain in hp for a larger % increase in noise. If you told me the decibels were roughly the same and it passed Forest Service spark arrest levels and increase HP, or gave it a better exhaust note, that would be different.

-------------------------------------------------

This is just personal opinion, and people do what they want, but I don't get the need for the really loud exhaust, or straight pipes on ATVs. Why on earth do you need to draw more negative attention to yourself and the sport in general. We get enough crap for volume and noise complaints as it is. Soooooo let's makes them louder and annoy people more -Must be some deep rooted need for attention. Maybe their daddy didn't love them, or they're lacking someplace else.

The Harley guys have the "safety" excuse. Loud bikes save lives. Can't really use that one for ATVs. All it does is **** people off.

Again, JMO above. I can only guess that different age groups and different parts of the country have different needs, or reasons they ride; and loud ATVs might be one of them. It would not go over well in the Maine woods.

Copper: Didn't mean to go off on you there for asking a simple exhaust question, but been wanted to comment on it for a while. So many people with super loud exhausts on Youtube. I simply don't get it. No offense.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

well no offense taking buddy,i just heard that exhaust helps power and i like the sound to be honest and all other vechiles i own i have them piped yadda yadda so just like to have a slip on for the machine that i wouldnt have to do anything optimizing to,so if anyone knows of any tell me thx