Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

the deal is almost done....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to remember seeing on the polaris website that yes you can buy just the L&R toggles. I thought they were kinda pricey for what they are but thats what you get for individual parts somtimes. I'd also try to work a winch into the deal from your dealer. Yours should be prewired for winch as I think that has become a standard on the machines. I've seen guys with the removable winches for front or rear but I personally would just mount two on the machine so I was'nt dicking around swapping it every time I turned around. As for the accessories like rack exstension's, toggles, boxes, and so on, Try ebay. There is quite a bit for the sportsmans, aftermarket and oem parts. Not sure how much savings you could get after shipping since your across the pond from us but it's worth looking into. Hope you enjoy the new ride. I've rode nearly every make out there and have fallen in love with my polaris's and doubt I'll ever switch back to anything else.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Cool. Found some slightly cheaper ones here Petersen Products Company: Lever Type Expandable Rubber Plugs 3/8" to 4"

Need to try and find a UK supplier.

try typing "expandable plug" into google and see what you get. Nothing that would fit on a Polaris

Cheers
James

Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Thor.

The local dealer is a friend of mine and he has just completed his first year as a Polaris dealer. If I went to hime in six months with a grey import I doubt he'd give me the time of day. Also, Polaris are offering 2 years 0% finance which probably clinched the deal for me.

Thanks anyway

James

Old 04-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

New 500 carbs are selling for $5000 US here in MN

Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

In Canada ATV are exspensive also, you lucky to get a good Used 500 H.O for $5000 Dollars and our dollar is at par with the US Dollar or passing it now!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the price for new ones here TLC. Not used.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I know , I live in Sault Ontario and fill up in Sault Michigan once a week (20 minute drive). They have strict border duties on all motorized vehicles so we do not put our Dealerships out of business. I get Parts and everthing else over there though.

Never seen a Canadian Gas station or beer store in years. LOL

Old 04-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem with Europe is that they have made a monopoly out of it. The dealers work with a crazy markup. (I used to work for GM in Norway). Also the distributor can sell direct by there own discretion. One of my main clients in DK had contacted the distributor on special Ranger pricing for the Military. The Distributor whet behind his back and sold the 15 units to the military for the same price as he was going to keeping the extra profit. Needless to say he is no longer a Polaris dealer and purchases atvs and parts from me for less now and gives the units a warranty from his dealership.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Thor, you'll need to disclose your fee before I can calculate the savings. $5800 + Vat and import duty is still at least $7800. Your fee would have to be below $450 for it to be cheaper for me, I'm getting a good deal on RRP. And it would still be a grey import. Also Polaris give a 2 year warranty over here, not 6 months.

All the best guys

James

Old 04-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

HI James
I think you are talking pounds and Thor is talking US Dollars
"The list price is around £6800 but I've got him down a good whack and I'm happy with that. By the way, today that's $10,400!!!!!"
Thor is talking $5800 US

Quick Reply: the deal is almost done....