Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Slyder01

Old 06-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Finally got to test out the Zilla's last night.
It's been a month since I put these bad boys on but up til now I have only been going out by myself. I always chicken out when I'm by myself.

Anyways I went riding with a buddy last night. He has a honda 450 with 26" Dirt Devils. He was always able to get through more then me with my stock tires. Not any more.

In the MUD.
The Zilla's performed very well in the mud. One hole that my buddy had to work at quite hard, I was able to walk through in two wheel drive. I then reversed it in two wheel drive. Granted my ground clearance is more which im sure helped.

I must say these tires do alot better in reverse the I expected. The design looks like they would fall short when going backwards but they seemed to do just fine.

On the Trail.
No problems on the trail. They seemed to climb well but I am not sure how well they would do in a rocky terrain. Not much of that around here although we did drive down a small river that is all rock on the bottom and I have to say the stock tires might have been better suited for that task.

The Zilla's are alot rougher riding obviously then the stockers. I'd say the shake is there until 7-10 MPH. I do miss my stock tires when I am working around the yard or riding on hard pack. The smooth ride of the sportsman isn't as couch like. The tread is alot more aggressive then I originaly thought it would be. But because of this the bit very well and cleaned out very well.

It was nice to get out and have a couple of hours of just guy time. I needed that. But like they always say, you don't crave it til you had it and now my thirst for quading is back. Time to find some babysitters.

Oh sorry no pics. Buy the time we remembered the camera it was getting dark and all you could see was headlights.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rustyCJ
Got my Zillas last week after being on back-order for 4 weeks,....

Pics

Great looking tires and wheels. I need new rubber....Friggin' clay packs the stockers within seconds and they're useless. Nice purchase.

Is that a Vermont license plate I see on the back?

Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PeteK
pictures? how do they ride?
Pete....Your avatar there is extremely distracting. Think I need to update mine.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by FunRide
Pete....Your avatar there is extremely distracting. Think I need to update mine.
I keep getting the urge to go buy an A5 for some reason?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer
Talking

Originally Posted by 09 popo HO
Flipped the tierods this morning. Went smoothly as can be expected. Had to spin the outer tierod a good 5 or 6 turns to make her line up on the bottom of the mount.
I still haven't taken her for a spin. We just had our second baby a week ago and I don't want to **** off the wife. On the plus side I just taught a 7 day old everything I know about tierods.

The steering doesn't feel like it is binding at all and there is lots of room now with the tierod on the bottom of the mount.

Should get some pics tonight or tomorrow. She looks mean.
I'd be mad too if I was working on quads at seven days old LOL! did your with get much wider?