Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Couple Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Questions...

05' Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI

I'm new to the modding of four wheelers, but have had them for a long time. I bought a set of 27" Mudzilla's off of a friend of mine on some 12" steel wheels. I'm going to be putting them on here real soon, and was wondering if i'm going to have to put a clutch kit in? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on my bike, b/c mainly all i do is use to for hunting and SOME trail riding. Not a hardcore trail rider, but want it to be fun to ride.
I am also looking to stiffin up to rear springs a little bit. My wife usually rides on with me, and i would like to keep it from sagging so much. What can i do to make it a little stiffer?? I've looked for aftermaket springs, and came up empty. I've got them cranked up completely with the adjusters, and still sags too much. Are there spacers to something for the rear? Thanks for any info possible!!

Old 05-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

welcome to the forum. if you don't play hard and don't mind a little less agressive out of the hole then you can stay stock w/ your clutch. if you are going slow or hard pulling or mudding you should be using low range anyways and it will be fine w/ the 27" tires. some poeple have put after market or even stiffer polaris springs from differnt model bikes like an x2 or atp bike to stiffen the springs. if you do a search on here you will find tons of post already for the same question w/ some good answers.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did a search before i posted and really never came up with anything for the REAR springs. Most everything is front springs. I've got the homemade spacers in already on the front, just need to figure something out on the back. I just want them stiffer. I guess i'll look into the rear springs on an X2. I jsut didnt know if they made some type of coil spacer for ATV's like they do cars.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

your springs are rated at 100lb, xp springs are 120, I put a set of M-v springs on my old 700, they were really stiff for awhile but they got better , check out Erlandson Performance, EPI, they have springs at good prices

Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Originally Posted by CrewCabMax
05' Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI

I'm new to the modding of four wheelers, but have had them for a long time. I bought a set of 27" Mudzilla's off of a friend of mine on some 12" steel wheels. I'm going to be putting them on here real soon, and was wondering if i'm going to have to put a clutch kit in? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on my bike, b/c mainly all i do is use to for hunting and SOME trail riding. Not a hardcore trail rider, but want it to be fun to ride.
I am also looking to stiffin up to rear springs a little bit. My wife usually rides on with me, and i would like to keep it from sagging so much. What can i do to make it a little stiffer?? I've looked for aftermaket springs, and came up empty. I've got them cranked up completely with the adjusters, and still sags too much. Are there spacers to something for the rear? Thanks for any info possible!!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you dirty minded old man

Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Nah, I just recognize the symptoms. Same as my dog, not me!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on not needing to clutch it. Turned 27's on mine(when it was still stock) and pushed tons of snow with the tracks without any issues. Highlifter makes hd rear springs and they make quite a difference.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, Looking at the EPI springs, I think thats what i'll go with. $100 for the set, and they are 145# springs! That should be great! Thanks everyone for the help. I'll get some pictures up as soon as i get everything one and done! Thanks for the help guys!

Old 05-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

10/4 Mongrol,that must be what she said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Couple Questions...