Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scambler riders post pics here

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, anyone who has a scrambler or even if you have something else plese post some pictures.I'm wanting to buy a scram and would love some action shots to see what kind of stuff they can do. Also tell me what you like or don't like about your Quads. And one last thing, how well do they wheelie?

Old 03-02-2001, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

They wheelie great from a stand-still. I love the new-found power, 4x4 and ride comfort. I hate the weight, tippyness and the quality of "some" of the stock parts. Did I mention the weight?

Great quad.

Old 03-03-2001, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Scrambler

Pros: plenty of power, climb almost everything.
Cons: heavy, maintenance...

It has a bit of everything!

Come to see some pics at:
http://rubenATV.homestead.com
http://communities.msn.com/ATVRidinginCostaRica

Old 03-03-2001, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, it's a little heavy and anything you want to last requires some preventive maintenance, but it's so much fun!! Click my link to see my picks. I love my Scrambler (and my Big Boss).

Old 03-03-2001, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

Hey rubenatv, do you live up in costa rica or did you take a trip their to ride. anyways those were some awsome trails and after seeing a few things you did with your scram i want one even more.Now i just have to figure out how to pay for it.

Old 03-03-2001, 01:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I live in Costa Rica, psychorider.
In some of those trails between the mountains, only the Scramblers can climb to the top... they fly over the mud!

Hope you get yours soon!!

Old 03-03-2001, 02:56 AM
Range Rover

Rueben: I am jealous! I want to move to Costa Rica. Not only do you have fabulous Tarpin fishing but also absolutly fantastic quad riding! What more could a man wish for?......wait, don't answer that!

Awesome pics! I cannot wait to ride my new Scrambler. I just wish it were in places like that. It is also nice to here from someone so far away, enjoying the same as we do up north!

Old 03-03-2001, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

Man those Costa Rica Trails look awsome! If you go to my link you can see some of my quading pictures. I love the scrambler, a little heavy, but worth it for the versitility of this great machine.

Old 03-03-2001, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Psyco, try hattisburg cyc++, they seem to have the best pricing and they have a small track to test ride on. Bring your helmet and gloves and ride a couple of them. I was there at the end of January ( Coming home from a diving job in Vicksburg ) and they had a used 2000 500 4X4 with a HPD pipe & silencer.
The 400 is the better of the two if you don't mind playing with it a little bit, jetting etc. If you're planning on modifications the 400 is much more gratifying ( and cheaper ) to turn up the horsepower.
If you want someting to put gas in and check the oil before you ride, get the 500.
With either, a clutch kit will make a drastic difference in seat-of-the-pants feel.

Old 03-03-2001, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

For the type of riding I do you can`t beat the Scrambler. It has been a very reliable and fun machine to own.

Ruben those are great pictures from Costa Rica looks like a lot of fun, maybe not that bridge though.

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250
See my pic`s at http://www.picturetrail.com/riskracing

Quick Reply: Scambler riders post pics here