Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Attn: Polaris Company - PLEASE KEEP BUILDING ATV's HERE in USA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R''s biggest problem with the xp's is he donesn't have one yet.LOL

Old 06-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Sportzillsheex,

Just do some searches here in our Polaris forum on all the XP issues. I am NO
expert, only expressing what I have been observing for over a year with 09 and 10
models. I really hope the 2011 line ups will be the great years for the XP
models with all those previous issues fixed added with some new features. Details
at 11, I reckon? And KERBBIRDS, how true!

Regards,

R'

Old 06-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerbbirds
R''s biggest problem with the xp's is he donesn't have one yet.LOL

Old 06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Listen up Polaris Exec's, we the USA have been faithfull to you and the Polaris line up for as long as any of us can remember, even back to the first Polaris that rolled off the assembly line. In addition, the USA people have poured money back into Polaris repeatably, kept your sorry A$$'s employed for as long as "you" work for the company. Hell, we even continue to buy when you produce a POS product, we are a faithfull group, support our own, and now you are going to go where? Mexico. I sure hope USA treats you like the state of Arizona does, Mexicans entering into the USA illegally, deport your A$$ back across the border where belong. So there you go Polaris exec's cross the border to check up on your new manufacturing plant, better not be coming back through Arizona

Old 06-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Range Rover

"MADE IN U.S.A." is what sold me. There is always the used quad market for a while. I'm stopping at the dealer tomorrow to get a ball joint for the Scrambler and really hope I see "Country of Origin....USA" on the package.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

for those of you on facebook there is a group you can join called keep polaris made in america. i already joined as it can't hurt.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

first post,Iown 3 SPORTSMANS and a MAGNUM ,mother in law has an xp.Polaris i buy new every two years.If you send the jobs to MEXICO im done,ill go YAMAHA[whos gonna build here].Ialso am the PRESIDENT of an atv club,with over 100 members ,and ill convince others to stop too.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

I talked to a Polaris rep today and no Polaris models will be made in Mexico..The plant that is closing only makes parts (a-arm assembly-sub frames-Victory motors-and some parts)(Victory motors will be moved to Spirit Lake) All you folks talking of jumping what is in you driveway??Ford,Chevys or Dodges.. DO you buy John Deere Mowers-Let's not be a bunch of hyprocrites...I am sure you all wear New Balance Shoes made in U.S.A....Get real and really start supporting our American companys that still produce products in the USA...I think Japan is the country that bombed Pearl Harbour...Not much different than 911 was it????

Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider

Don't blame Polaris...it's not the companies that are moving to blame! Many like to say the reason these companies keep moving is because of cheaper labor...that's just a tiny part of it. These people don't see the BIG picture.

Blame taxes, tarriffs, susidies, cap and trade, NAFTA and the WTO.

Current law allows companies to defer paying taxes on their overseas income indefinitely while deducting many of the expenses associated with moving offshore, this allows for a double subsidy to U.S. companies that ship work overseas, effectively penalizing those companies that keep jobs in the U.S. At the same time, give a bunch of subsidies to companies moving HERE from overseas? Does that make sense to anyone?? Why reward companies coming in but penalize american companies?? Why are our companies moving out?? Ummmm....

Our companies are taxed to death, tarriffs, cap and trade fees and restrictions. NAFTA and the WTO? Who's to blame??????

Wake up. Blame our lawmakers, not the company.

Keep blaming the companies for layoffs, closing the doors or moving "overseas". Problem is you place the blame on the wrong entity. Our own Gov't put us ALL in this situation.

And now our lawmakers are talking about a VAT tax...do you think companies like Polaris or others moving out don't see it coming?? More fees/taxes??

I'm all for "buy american", unfortunatly a TINY percentage of what "we" buy is made in the USA! Why?? Go back and reread the above. Make sense? Our own Gov't and Laws are forcing companies out! Pretty unfair when our companies get nailed with taxes, tarriffs, cap and trade and fees...while at the same time companies coming here from overseas are getting subsidies and tax breaks.

And people wonder why were losing jobs?? In a nutshell....TAXES, SUBSIDIES, TARRIFFS, CAP AND TRADE, NAFTA, and TRADE LAW....and how all these things hurt the American company. It hurts them to the point they must to move to compete. If they don't move, they'll end up closing the doors forever...just like SO MANY other American companies. It's to the point they have 2 choices...close the doors or move out of the country just to compete.

Don't blame Polaris...or any other company that has been forced out.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Wenty, You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been preaching those words for years now. Law makers have the power to make the taxes and stipulations that affect American company's go away, but will they? I think not! To much revenue for the government! It's all about money and has been for a long time. I can only hope that one day someone in government will truly take a stand and fight for the American rather than their own pocketbook or personal gain, but sadly, I doubt that I'll live long enough to see that day.

Quick Reply: Attn: Polaris Company - PLEASE KEEP BUILDING ATV's HERE in USA!