Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2010 XP Reliability Reports

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 XP Reliability Reports

Lets hear those 2010 (or 2009) XP reliability reports guys. Took an 850 w/EPS for another test run the other day.... the sweetest machine I've ever seen/ridden. Power, incredible comfort, powerful EPS that works from a standstill, fit, finish, killer looks, etc. I like Can-Am too and have tested them also but I like more things about the XP. I love my Grizzlys too, but a reliable 850 XP might just make me change my mind.

I've heard reports of shaky reliability issues with the XP's, especially the 09's, including steering knuckle/***** joints, rear axles, steering play, blown belts etc. However, my dealer has sold 100's of them, and their mechanic claims they haven't had a SINGLE XP in the shop related to these above issues, other than some of the recall replacement stuff and 1 EPS sensor issue. Now is this dealer BS or an example of an extremely high number of owners, with only a small % actually experiencing issues and reporting them to the forums? I've been holding off on the XP due to the usual new design gremlins, I assume some issues have been addressed for 2010? Wondering if I should look for a good deal on a leftover 2010, or hold out for the 2011's?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Plus besides what you mentioned can these XP'S go 10,15, 20 thousand miles without any EFI and fuel related problems . I would like high mileage carb reliability .

Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I called yet another local dealer just to ask about the new models and IF they would slash prices on old stock etc. He said next week they will know but won't have any new models for awhile? What the?

Anyways, I began to tell him that I have been holding out b/c I didn't like all the issues and problems with the first years models of the XP's etc. etc. he said "What problems, there is no problems with the XP's except for people that like to run them into trees, operator error" I was laughing so hard, I was holding my side and said "Come on man, who are you kidding al those issues have been plastered on the internet for the last two years etc. etc." then he calls over a service rep and starts playing this game with me on the phone trying to debate what I am saying and I said you mean to tell me that hasn't been any recalls, I then paused and said okay I will give you a call in a couple of weeks (NOT!).

As usual another Maryland dealer selling BS for top price, he lost all crediability with me. I would of appreciated if he confirmed and then told me What Polaris did to correct the problems and how once that is done how great the machines were Vs. playing this NEVER HAPPENED game, what a bunch of crooks!

R'

Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

I've got an 09 850xp and have had miner problems. Rear axles clicking polaris put new ones on no charge and wore out a few a arm bushings other than that no mechanical problems has been a good machine with 1150 miles on it. Just bought the wife a 550xp with power steering. Has been a good machine so far only a couple hundred miles on it so time will tell. The power steering is pretty awesome. Changes from 09 to 10 that I see are they changed the rear swaybar set up and a arms also in rear other than that there the same from year to year. Happy shopping and good luck.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by patrolman800
I've got an 09 850xp and have had miner problems. Rear axles clicking polaris put new ones on no charge and wore out a few a arm bushings other than that no mechanical problems has been a good machine with 1150 miles on it. Just bought the wife a 550xp with power steering. Has been a good machine so far only a couple hundred miles on it so time will tell. The power steering is pretty awesome. Changes from 09 to 10 that I see are they changed the rear swaybar set up and a arms also in rear other than that there the same from year to year. Happy shopping and good luck.

Please report back at 10,000 miles a up-date then would be much appreciated .

Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

Other than the clicking axles mine has been totally trouble free. Polaris changed out the axles. My front end is still as tight as it was new. I love the machine for ride quality and power. I only have 1200 miles on it but hunting season is coming up and that should be good for a bunch more.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

1800 miles on my XP and I have not had a single problem. The only bitch I have is that I wish I had more time to ride :-) I will probably buy me a new 2011 orange madness 850!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

Our 850 XP LE was build in Jan. 09, we have almost 1400 miles and 110 hours on it since April of 09. This summer most of the time it carries my wife and me which comes to around 500 pounds plus 50 in extra gear. Maybe 1/2 of the miles have been rough rocky trails going up and down in Colorado and Utah. My wife broke the thumb throttle, I replaced it for $49 and that has been the extent of the problems, no rattles, pops, creaks or breaks.
The only thing I dislike is the tires but a lot has been said about them.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Thru 600 miles, my 850 non-EPS has experienced a broken trunk latch (operator error), and I ripped the left A-arm gaurd off last weekend (operator over-enthusiasm). Otherwise damned bulletproof do far. Sep 08 build date.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1500 miles on my 850xp. Other than a faulty belt that blew at 1450 no issues at all. I love the quad!

Quick Reply: 2010 XP Reliability Reports