Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who else is sick of winter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been sleddin since Nov. and ahve been havin some good times doin it but with all the things that have gone wrong on my sled this year(2 new cranks, new pistons, rings, complete new clutch and various other things=over $1500) i am gattin tired of winter went out to have a look at the quad the other day and asked dad if i could get it out to cut some nuts on the snow and he said no way in hell because he doesnt want it in his shop

Old 03-05-2001, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

You aren't just a kidding. We had our 3rd day above 45 degrees since December 1st. It will tease us and hit 30 or so, just so the snow won't melt. Now when it gets up above 30, the sun doesn't want to shine. Too much snow, not enough sunshine, YUKKK!!!
BTW, our average hi temps should be in the mid to high 40s by now. Are having one of the coldest winters ever and snowiest in maybe 20 years.
I can't wait until spring!
Warmth
Sunshine
YAY!
At least warm weather for when the cows start to calve.

Old 03-05-2001, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

I'll tell ya, I'm D*mn sick of winter. I can't golf in the snow either, and I don't like the cold. I just want that stupid stuff to melt.

Dodgeram01

Old 03-05-2001, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer

Here's some pictures of me and a few buddies making the most of the white stuff. Definately Fun.

Old 03-05-2001, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

i cant wait until the snow melts, there will be plenty of mud to play in this spring

Old 03-05-2001, 11:52 PM
GJ
Range Rover

Words cannot describe.... Winter rots! gj

Old 03-06-2001, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

We have approximatly 35 inches of snow on the ground now in the duluth minnesota area. We got hit hard up there. I cannot get my atv now, from the garage in the back yard up to the front drive way. So in a way, my atv is stuck back there now utill we get some snow melt. Thats why I don't have my 27 inch mudbugs on yet. There is very little room even, for me to just take off the tires and bring them in. I did manage to take 4 pictures of my new polaris brush guard though. I have to use up the film. Its non digital film. One of my friends has a scanner. I may just click them off tonight and bring in the film for 1 hour service. then he could have it done the next day.

I got to tour the polaris factory this last friday night. that was pretty cool. My friend Jaime got permission from his boss and we walked around for about an hour and a half. Where we were
allowed that is. I enjoyed the tour very much. I walked away with the feeling that I would purchase
another polaris atv, after I get tired of mine. I am not yet tired of mine. I am looking forward to the 27 inch mud bugs. rangerchet polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed.

Old 03-06-2001, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Snowride is right about the trail systems up here. They are amzing. Snowride: Zorro and I are supposed to give you a call soon for a ride.

But I too can't wait for it all to melt. I love my Ski-Doo MXZ670 H.O. for powder riding and jumps but... we have had freezing rain up here and the fields are really crappy now.

I either want a foot of fresh snow or super hot weather so we can go quading as soon as possible. Plus ATV'ing on the trails isn't as exciting as snowmobiling or nice trails without snow.

Old 03-06-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Gotta agree with you guys. Can't I just go for a ride without having to prep and dress for about a half an hour before. I want it to be like , I'll think I'll go riding, Grab the helmet keys and go....Not no Ok where's my winter gloves, wheres my pullover hat, snomobile suit, thermal socks, sweatshirt. Happy when it comes and Happy when it leaves..winter that is

Old 03-06-2001, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

SWINTER, SPRING, SUMMER, FALL....I JUST WANT TO RIDE.

I can't say that I'm "sick" of winter, more like I'm sick of RAIN!! I actually kinda like winter, but this sure has been a wet one. We've had a lot of rain, so it's just been to wet to ride.

Winters in middle Tennessee are strange, not a lot of snow, not really too cold, sometimes a lot of rain, sometimes not a lot of rain. Winter riding probably isn't as big a deal here as it is in some places.

Actually, if my freaking helmet would ever get here, I might be able to sneak in a nice winter ride. I'd even deal with the layers of clothing now that I found some nice gear big enough for my fat a**.

Now you guys with all the snow (not the ones with too much snow to ride in) have it made. I hear a quad is a blast with a few inches of the white stuff on the ground. Those pics sure look fun!

Quick Reply: Who else is sick of winter?