Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New guy needs help please !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see the point on the head bolts for $30. If you are filling the crank case with antifreeze to a point where it would come out the crank seal, i woudl not think it would turn over. It would be similar to having a bad needle and seat and the engine filling with fuel after being parked over night, it fills the crankcase and acts like a seized engine.

I wonder now if you could have split the cylinder somehow and that is where the coolant is coming from. You may have to pull the rewind or at least try to get eveything as dry as possible so you can try and track the source of the coolant. Blow air with a compressor into the re-coil and anywhere you can to remove all moisture. Until you find the source of the coolant leak you cannot make any repairs. Is it possible that you had coolant spilled over after you pulled the head and had some left in the exhaust manifold somehow. You have the head off now so blow everything clean, throw the head back on and see what you get.

Of course if you are pulling the cylinder since you are this far check the base gaskets and sealing area for cracks as well.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i will keep you in the loop as to what happens 2moro im gonna pull cylinder off and check it , thanks again for the input....

Old 09-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys just wondering if you knew about the head torqu ?? it says 20 lbs but this just dosent seem right , i get the bolts finger tight then torque them and it seems like i go a half turn and they are at 20 lbs,, just seems like they should be alot tighter?????????????????? oh and the head and base are flat no warpes from what we checked yesterday ?? so now i have no idea what the problem is ??????????????

Old 09-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default coolant

head torque is right 20 ft lbs.Check your counter blance area oil level to see if it has antifreeze in it.Water pump seals maybe leaking and pushing coolant past crankshaft seal and in to crankcase.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by ramman67
head torque is right 20 ft lbs.Check your counter blance area oil level to see if it has antifreeze in it.Water pump seals maybe leaking and pushing coolant past crankshaft seal and in to crankcase.
ok where is that ?? haha