Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Electronic E-mail From Polaris

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I test drove the Commander 1100. There is absolutely no way I'd put my wife behind the wheel of that.

Uninsured.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by caperinmuskoka
Bigger than the 850........HUMMMMMMMM ......Maybe 2012 the sportsman will get it also...............
We really don't need bigger Quads and sXs IMO it will drive the insurance rates way up .......Just like it did with the snowmobile market........Caper.........
Probably will. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me though. From what I've seen you can kill yourself just as easily on a 250 as an 850. Just a little more slowly...

Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

It's not meant to be a trails machine. Think, more along the lines of a mini-trophy truck.

1000cc

Suspension that is TOUGH and most users will not be brave enough to push the vehicle hard enough to bottom it out.

This will be polarizing vehicle, it's not going to be a "do all" it's going to be " You want fast, go fast" type vehicle. Kinda like Ford’s raptor (but obviously not to scale).

Sportsman won't see the motor, at least not for a while.

Just saying

Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caperinmuskoka
Bigger than the 850........HUMMMMMMMM ......Maybe 2012 the sportsman will get it also...............
We really don't need bigger Quads and sXs IMO it will drive the insurance rates way up .......Just like it did with the snowmobile market........Caper.........
I agree, I think the "bigger better" is ruining the sport.

Why do they need to spend all that money just to compete with such a small portion of the market?? I guess all the new platic parts helped fund their new adventure.

I was surprised to see my friend has know about this new SxS for some time now and never told me. He's pretty good about keeping a secret.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

Ruining the sport? Or actually pushing it for better products?

Come on, progress is never bad. All these SxS that get more people out riding and supporting out land rights is a good thing. Going fast and separating the boys from the toys is always going to be a part of anything in any industry that is moving in the right direction.

Computer nerds will always want the fastest PC.
Car guys will always want more HP
Book nerds will want things like the Kindle
Etc…

Nothing wrong with going fast, enjoying a great ride and selling it on craigslist for ½ what you bought it for with no REAL TOUGH miles to me 

If business's aren't growing they are dying. Can you imagine if we all still rode Kawasaki 250's? Talk about lame...

Old 12-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

There have been a few hills where the 500 in high gear wasn't accelerating anymore. Of course, my son on his Renegade likes to blow by me when this happens. He keeps it up and I'll get an 850 X2. There are times when a little more power isn't a bad thing. My beast can pull about anything almost anywhere in low though.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hhmmm, guess i should have looked at that email before i deltered it.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

I believe the BLM is trying to limit what can be put on the trails. Nothing over 50" and now trying to limit CC's. Trails are getting torn up. Side by side market is going to be all Desert/ open terrain riding. This will bolster the 2 up market as well as the no passenger laws that more and more states are enforcing. Why have all that size and horsepower on the trails. Might as well be in a Jeep.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by x2 bum
Might as well be in a Jeep.
Price wise, it's getting to the point that may be the cheaper route to go.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

Only because the consumer is tolerating the prices. I know for a fact the profit margin on the SxS is LARGE. They don't cost much more than a normal sportsman...

Quick Reply: Electronic E-mail From Polaris